3 | coffee and chocolate

Procrastination is the best way of catching up with yesterday.

-Don Marquis-

________________________

please vote and comment :)

- L I L A -

My eyebrows creased for the ninth time as I sighed, dropping the chopsticks. "I seriously don't get why I can't eat with my hands, Matthew."

We were sitting in the cafeteria the next day, a box of sushi in front of Matthew and I with him on my right and Yasmine on my left. Every Friday, the school sold freshly made sushi from the bar. The school dinners were pretty good, but it depended on what day you went in at. Obviously, I had decided to recommend the sushi to Matthew, which was what started the whole chopstick scenario. I honestly just wanted to stand up and get a fork due to the frustration I was feeling.

Yasmine, who was perfectly fine with eating burger and fries, glanced at me in amusement, shaking her head.

"It's so much better if you eat it with chopsticks. Here, let me show you." He chuckled, reaching for my hands after I picked the chopsticks up again. When his hands came into contact with mine, I immediately blushed, Yasmine's sly wink causing it to spread across my cheeks. Then, her eyebrows rose and fell swiftly. "Open the chopsticks with your middle finger and close it with your index finger."

Trying again, I smiled when I got the roll in my mouth successfully. "Did you do it?" he asked, eating another sushi roll after he poured a few drops of soy sauce on it.

"Yeah, but I'd eat much faster if I ate with my hands."

"Okay, can you do me a favour?" he responded, drinking from his Ribena bottle. After I replied, he pointed to his bag. "My timetable is in my bag; could you tell me what lesson I have next?"

Reaching into his open bag, I scanned my eyes over his timetable, confused. "I can't read Braille."

"Oh! I forgot they gave me a new timetable." He laughed, taking it from my hands and running his fingers over it. "I have music next."

"You're so lucky!"

Yasmine chucked a fry into her mouth, smiling. "We have music too, Lila." She informed me, continuing. "We're just in a different class than Matthew. Same time, just different-." Her eyelids came down in rapid blinks, her face distorting in excitement as her sentence was cut short. "Lila...Greg came into the cafeteria." She whispered with a smile, pinching my arm in excitement.

"Is this the Greg from yesterday?" Matthew interjected, placing his chopsticks on top of the closed box.

My friend responded with a sound of annoyance, her eyes widening a fraction more. "Lila, Greg got a haircut!" she continued, with more excitement, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I know!" I whispered loudly, staring at her. "I'm looking at him!"

"Well, I'm not; will someone explain who Greg is?" Matthew interrupted, causing me to snort whilst he had this expression of pure bafflement plastered across his face. 

"Sorry." I smiled apologetically. "Greg is Yasmine's crush."

"May be my boyfriend, if things go right. Don't tell anyone I said that, though." Yasmine input, finishing the rest of her fries.

He imitated zipping his lips shut and held his thumb up. "I won't tell a soul." He promised, standing up with Toby's leash in his right hand. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to walk around with Toby, let him use his legs."