7 | cake and nutella

"I may not have eyesight, but I don't need it to notice the beauty in people."

-Matthew Lane-
________________________

Dedicated to playboystiles for helping me with this chapter, I wouldn't have finished it without her.  <3

I dedicate chapters to people who are continuously nice and supportive. And I'm SO SO sorry that this update took so long.

It will begin in Lila's POV then Matthew's, then back to Lila. I don't really like switching POVs much but this is a one time occurrence, some aspects of the chapter need to be from Matthew's and the ending paragraphs are Lila for a specific reason, sorry if this is annoying. :)

Please vote and comment :)

- L I L A -

The next day, Matthew was in school before me, sitting on the bench with earphones in, Toby in his usual position beside him.

As I neared him, I noticed the frown that was on his face and his glasses covered what I wanted to see. I called out his name, sighing when there was no movement from him. Guessing he couldn't hear me, I reached towards his ear and touched his cheek in the process.

Swiftly, he took hold of my wrist, his eyebrows drawn close in panic. "Lila! Don't sneak up on me like that!"

I responded with a sheepish smile. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to say good morning."

The frown was replaced with a toothy grin, his hands coming up to his face to remove his glasses. "It's a good morning now that you're here. I wasn't in a good mood a couple of seconds ago."

The heat made its way onto my cheeks rapidly, my heart clenching. Aww. I couldn't believe that he was so nice, even when I was rude to him back at the bakery.

"How come?"

Matthew sighed. "Did you know that Isaac goes to school here?"

My eyes widened as I tried to remember if I ever saw him around school, which was probably useless since I never really noticed people around school. I wasn't the type of person who had her attention on the people around her, I simply minded my own business, unless someone approached me. He looked slightly familiar but I didn't think anything of it. "No."

"Well, he knows I go to school here and as my best friend, I'd expect him to speak to me if he saw me but he hasn't talked to me once, and I'm starting to wonder why."

"Maybe he hasn't had the time?" I offered, realising he had let go of my hand. I sat down beside him, watching him as he continued.

"I don't know, but ever since I moved here a couple of weeks ago, he only came to visit me once and that was yesterday. I mean, he's known me since we were both 6 years old. There's something off about him at the moment."

Silently, I draped my arm around his shoulders. "It isn't always what you think it is," I began, leaning the opposite way when he turned his head, his lips dangerously close to my cheek. "One time, Yasmine didn't speak to me for a week, and it was because she was planning a surprise birthday party for me with a few other friends and didn't trust herself to talk to me without telling me about it. Is it your birthday soon?"