4 | espresso and milkshakes

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

-Audrey Hepburn-
________________________

Cover made by my babe axsthetically
love you xo

Song: Runaway - Aurora
________________________

Please vote and comment :)

- M A T T H E W -

My fingertips came into contact with the cupcake wrapper, the scent of the vanilla frosting watering my mouth. Peeling it back, I took a bite, allowing the frosting to rest on my tongue.

Since we moved houses, I wanted to get out of the house while my mom was painting my room, taking my white cane with me. I would've invited my friend, Isaac, but I didn't really want to bump into a certain someone whilst he was with me.

"Is this going to become a regular occurrence?" a familiar voice asked, standing at the side of the table.

"Aww, and here I thought you'd be happy to see me," I teased, tilting my head to where I heard her voice. "Good morning, Lila." I sported a cheeky grin, placing the cupcake back onto the smooth table. Just the person I wanted to see.

"Good morning, Matthew." She greeted.

I heard the subtle noise of her shoes rubbing against the floor and I assumed she was wearing her converses, just like at school. "I'm guessing I'm the only one from school who comes here?"

"Well, no one comes when it's my shift." I knew there wasn't any hostility in her tone, the hint of her perfume noticeable under the smell of the baked goods and coffee.

Hearing the soft chatter of everyone else, I moistened my bottom lip, the grin on my face not slipping. "Mostly because it's 11AM and not everyone has recovered from yesterday's party."

"You went to Byron's party?" she questioned, seeming closer, which she probably was because her perfume subtly became easier to smell.

I shook my head, pressing my tongue on the inside of my mouth. "Parties aren't really my scene; did you go?

She scoffed audibly. "Me and alcohol don't get on very well, and besides, I don't think it would've been a good idea since I work on Saturday mornings."

Turning back to my table, I bit into the cupcake again, leaning back in my seat. "That's very wise of you," I commented, wiping the frosting off my upper lip. "I know I'm quite stupid when it comes to alcohol, which means I refrain from drinking it on a daily basis."

To my surprise, she giggled, causing an involuntary smile to reappear on my face.

"I can't imagine you drunk."

I winced, knowing she could see the blush that painted my cheeks due to the memory I was remembering. God, the things alcohol makes you do. "I hope you never see me drunk, I gig-" stopping myself short, I shook my head.

There was a moment of silence before she huffed out a short laugh. "You giggle?" she asked, "I really want to see you drunk now, I've never heard any guy giggle."