8 | cookies and cream

Be absolutely fearless about what people will say or think about you.

-Ashton Irwin-
________________________

Cover up there made by @sweettartgotswag. Thank you so much!

I felt so bad with not updating quick enough, but my exams are in less than a month and I really need to focus on revision so I do well next year. So unfortunately, until my exams are up, updates will be sporadic and far apart.

________________________

W A R N I N G: Prepare yourself.
Please vote and comment :)

- L I L A -

"Are you okay?" I asked, my hands reaching out to steady him as he slightly lost his balance.

"Do you know when I was at your house yesterday, and we were sitting on the couch? The thing I needed to tell you doesn't matter anymore. But there is another important thing I need to tell you." He spoke, setting his jaw and smiling softly.

"Matthew, are you drunk?"

He cleared his throat and shook his head. "No, I'm just a little dizzy." Then he grinned boyishly, positioning his hand on my shoulder. "I'd definitely be giggling if I was."

I laughed and stared at him with a confused expression. "Right - giggling."

Lowering himself slowly onto the grass, he laid back, motioning with his hand to join him. "Actually, I might be. I'm not sure. I took a few shots with Isaac."

"So you're talking to him then?"

He nodded and propped his head on his palm, toying with blades of grass. The music from the party blared, the bass pounding in my ears as he gripped his white cane harder.

Matthew had texted me earlier, asking me to pick him up from a party he didn't want to be at. If I was being honest, it did surprise me since I never had him for the partying type of guy.

"You know," he whispered gently. "Isaac says you're beautiful."

I bit my tongue and felt the blush spread across my cheeks. Matthew began laughing at my silence and no doubt suspected that I was blushing. "Did he?"

"Yeah. And this is one of the times I wish I could see because the way people describe you to me-" he exhaled a long sigh. "It makes me wish that I could see you; see your eyes."

"If it helps, I have green eyes." I weakly offered, smiling softly.

He chuckled and wet his lips. "Sometimes, I wish I wasn't blind. I wish I could see my parents, the people I talk to. Yasmine, Isaac...you."

I was speechless at how open he was being, a sad look overcoming his features as he sat up. "I've never seen my mom's smile."

And in that moment, he broke down. He began to sob, his shoulders slumping down whilst he breathed out shakily, crying into his hand.

I frowned and tentatively reached towards him, gasping when he swiftly wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly as he continued to cry. He nuzzled his face into my shoulder, allowing himself to be vulnerable.