5 | pancakes and strawberries

I think what is interesting in life is all the cracks and all the flaws and all the moments that are not perfect.

-Clemence Poesy-
________________________

You may be wondering what the title has to do with anything, but it's pretty significant in this story. Lila is pronounced as Lie-la :]

Dedicated to dinomyte for the fab cover. If any of you guys want to send me covers or banners, you can send it on kik, my username's sleepingsxrens.

Please vote and comment :)

- L I L A -

"So, where did you go last night?" Dan asked, his gaze curious yet suspicious as he leaned on his forearms in front of me.

Reaching towards my mom, I took one strawberry from the small bowl, biting into it with my front teeth. "What's it to you?" I rolled my eyes, laughing when my mum prevented me from taking another one by slapping my hand.

"I saw a guy in the car, your boyfriend maybe?" Helena joined in, taking a seat on the chair by the island whilst I jumped onto the tabletop.

"I haven't got a boyfriend and why are you two so interested?"

My older brother by one year shrugged, walking to the fridge and taking out the orange juice carton. "Can I not be worried about my little sister's whereabouts?" he twisted the cap open and drank straight from the carton, placing it back in the fridge afterwards.

I made a sound of disgust as Helena complained loudly, chucking her slipper at Dan. "Mom! That's disgusting! I'm not going to drink from that now."

"You don't have to. I'm not complaining." He scoffed, closing the fridge. "Back to the topic at hand, Mom, do you know where Lila went?"

"Yes, Dan," my mother replied dryly, "she went to an art gallery with her new friend, now stop being so nosey and go wake up your dad."

Sending a mocking smile his way, I placed my chin in the palm of my hand. "Yeah, Dan. Stop being so nosey and go wake up Dad."

"So," my sister began, getting our mother's attention. "What's his name?"

I eyed my sister's grin, along with my mom's sly glance. "Matthew." I answered, my stomach grumbling as a plate of pancakes were placed in front of me.

I thanked my mom before I dug in, sighing when I noticed Helena was staring at me

I thanked my mom before I dug in, sighing when I noticed Helena was staring at me. "Do I have something on my face?" I snapped, tilting my head in her direction.