Steve-Winter Soldier-Rogers

[(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) I thought I'd finally do this as a present to myself (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))]

Steve has a mission. A purpose as to why he's fighting the man from the bridge who's claiming to be his best friend. Why he's trying to kill the one who's calling him 'Stevie' and 'pal'.

"Please," He breathes, barely dodged a quick uppercut and stumbles back. "Steve. It's me, Bucky. Your Bucky-"

"Shut," Steve drops down and kicks Bucky's feet out from under him. "Up!"

Without hesitation, he rolls back and to his feet, holding up his hands carefully as he puts distance between them. "I don't want to hurt you, Steve. You have to remember. We're best friends-"

"No!" Steve shouts, races forward and crashes into Bucky. They slam into the ground, Bucky's shield sliding off the helicarrier.

"St-"

He brings up his fist. "You're," Steve punches him hard in the teeth. "My," Another to his cheek. "Mission."

"Then finish it," Bucky whispers, barley conscious as he smiles faintly. "Cause I'm with you till the end of the line."

A spark ignites in Steve's eyes. They widen in realization, horror crossing his features as his grip on Bucky's collar loosens.

But then a beam comes crashing down and the glass shatters. Steve just catches himself, watching as his best friend, his Bucky, fall to his death.

He makes the decision before thinking it through. His fingers uncurl from the frame and he's falling too.

"Bucky!" Steve gasps when he spots him hit the water.

He desperately claws at the air, trying to get to get there faster.

When he reaches the water, he braces himself and dives under.

He finds Bucky sinking dangerously close to a large sheet of metal. Steve swims faster, grabs ahold of his shoulders and kicks for the surface.

When he reaches the shore, his arm throbs from where Bucky had broken it.

But he doesn't mind as he pulls Bucky onto the sand, almost collapses when his chest stays unmoving.

Bucky coughs and Steve let's go of his hand he wasn't aware he was holding.

A loud crash reminds him of the helicarrier falling from the sky. He stands, watches Bucky until a helicopter flies over his head.

"Till the end of the line, Buck."