29.

part twenty-nine,
18:34- ;

"Oh my god" I let out a loud whimper, covering my mouth with my palm, eyes wide as my chest felt heavy. Tears began to well up in my eyes at the thought of Hansol, cheating.

At the sound of my voice the pair pulled away in shock. Hansol's eyes were wide and mouth opening and closing in shock, any sign of words getting caught in his throat.

Nicole took a step away from the boy, a wide smirk covering her face as she ran a hand through her silky blonde hair, messing it up even more then his hands ever did.

I wanted to pounce on her, wipe that stupid smirk off of her face and hurt her in revenge for the way she was currently hurting me.

I turned my gaze back to Hansol, who was looking between the two of us in shock like a tennis match, I couldn't believe him. I instantly began to feel light headed, I needed some air.

"I need to go-" I started, turning around to walk back to the ballroom but Hansol leant forward to grab my wrist, halting my movements as he cut off my words.

"Hana, I can explain. It isn't what it looks like. She- she just-" Hansol stuttered, speaking fast to get out his apology, but I wasn't having it. Flinching my arm away from his grasp I sent him a dirty look over my shoulder.

"You have nothing to explain" I simply said, before turning the corner, making my way back to the hall.

Tears clouded my vision, my chest felt heavy and my heart was broken.
The boy, the boy that I was going to confess my love to after the award ceremony, cheated on me with some English exchange student.

I didn't stop the tears as they fell fast, tripping over my heel I fell to my knees on the floor, hunched over as I clutched my chest, the pain not going away.

I couldn't put into words how much my heart was aching at that instant. My salty tears puddled on the carpet beneath me, soaking the material, but I didn't care.

I refused to let Hansol come into my life, make me feel something, make me feel special, and then just leave and break my heart. I refused.

How am I going to say goodbye when me heart still wants to hold on?

I licked my lips dry, my tongue salty with used tears as I used all of my strength to return to my feet. Wiping under my eyes and flattening out my crumbled dress I walked in the direction of the hall, back to father and back to Soonyoung.

When I first set foot back in the ballroom yet again, a loud sound of clapping pierced my ears. Standing still I furrowed my eyebrows in conclusion, continuing to wipe under my eyes as they scanned around the perimeter of the room.

Upon the small stage stood Soonyoung, a large scroll of paper in hand as he smiled widely, staring off into the crowd of people as he waved amongst the crowd.

"Thank you for this wonderful opportunity" he spoke into the microphone, the crowd erupted in congratulations for his efforts, and then the realization hit me.

Soonyoung had won.

My chest started to feel heavy again as my eyes connected with Father's from across the room. I would never be able to forget this look of pure disappointment on his aging face as Soonyoungs Father clapped excitedly next to him, proud of his sons efforts.

I slowly lost myself, my mind was dazed and I couldn't comprehend a single thought as I stared up at Soonyoung, mouth moving as he spoke his winning speech.

"This is such a wonderful opportunity, I won't let you down. I would just like to thank my dear family, and of course, my amazing friend, Park Hana" he spoke, extending his arm to my direction as a few odd head turned to look at me, I cowered back, not wanting anyone to see me in this state as I looked around nervously.

The way Soonyoung said my name, was something I couldn't put my finger on. It wasn't friendly nor was it unkind, but as he stared at me with a wide smirk on his face, not only had I lost, I had lost all hope and confidence that I had ever had.

And it hurt like hell to know that Hansol was not here with me anymore.