34.

part thirty-four,
21:30- ;

I sat comfortably on my bed, laptop opened in front of me as I sipped a mug of green tea, watching a random anime that I had found.

It was still Christmas Eve, the excitement in my house hold still on a high as Father and Lynn shared a glass of champagne. I didn't feel like joining them.

Bora went home not long after the tree was decorated, wanting to spend the rest of the Christmas season with her own family, in which I didn't blame her for doing so.

It wasn't that late, only nine-thirty at night. I wasn't tired, wasn't sleepy at all, the hype of Christmas catching up on me and I didn't think I would get much sleep tonight.

It took me a while to realize that I was finally moving on from Hansol, the incident happening a few weeks ago at the award ceremony was blocked inside my head, a thought in which I didn't look much into anymore.

My broken heart was finally starting to heal.

I shifted around, stretching out my legs as I took another sip of my tea, smiling as it spread warmth inside my chest.

Life was finally turning in the right direction, I thought to myself, the pain in my heart not there anymore and my head not constantly worrying about the little things.

My thoughts were interrupted when my ringtone rang through my large bedroom, making me flinch at the volume, slightly spilling my tea over the edge and into my comforter.

"Goddamnit" I cursed under my breath, placing my mug in the nightstand and using my spare hand to attempt to wipe up the mess. Giving up I reached for my phone, seeing that the call was from an unknown number.

I decided to pick up the call anyway, it may be Bora for all I know, wishing me a merry Christmas or saying she left something at the Park mansion.

"Hana?" The voice on the other end called out, and I realized it wasn't Bora. I sat up straighter on the bed, tucking my legs underneath my body. The voice was not only female, but it had a slight British accent to it.

"N-Nicole?" I stuttered, holding the phone close to my ear as my gaze scanned my room. Why was she calling me? Doesn't she know that she has hurt me enough?

"Yeah, how have you been?" She asks, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. How could she act so casually around me after what she did?

"I- I have been good" I reply bluntly, not returning the question. I was beyond confused, frustration started to build up inside of me.

"Listen-"

"No Nicole, why don't you listen to me." I start, rushing my hand through my hair in a stressful matter, "I told myself I was going to forget that all of this happened but I don't think I can simply just do that, when you are on the phone calling me."

"I understand, but-"

"No Nicole! My heart was broken for days, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep and it was all your fault! Couldn't you just leave me alone, don't you feel bad enough for what you have done?" I continue to yell at her, no doubt catching the attention of Lynn and my parents downstairs.

"Did you not realize how much he meant to me? And then he was gone in an instant just because of some girl, who couldn't keep her hands to herself and made the boy I was so madly in love with, fall for her. Did you not understand that I loved him?" Tears welled up in my eyes after I had finished my words, and I found myself having to cover my mouth with the palm of my hand so no sobs would be let out.

"And he loves you too Hana" she simple says, her tone of voice on the other line unharmed and collected. It was then when I burst into tears, unable to hold them back as my comforter dampened with the salty substance.

"How could you say something like that after all you have done?" I sobbed, bringing my free hand up to continuously wipe under my eyes, even though it was no use, and I soon found that my hand turned damp with tears as well.

"Just listen me out okay, you don't have to say anything but just please listen to me" she begs, and I find myself nodding, even though she couldn't see me.

"You do not know how sorry I am for doing this to you, to Hansol, to your relationship and if I could go and take it back I would in a heartbeat." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion once again, what was she talking about?

"It- it was Soonyoung. This was his plan the whole time, to distract you from your studies and to make you suffer, even if it was you who won the award. At first I thought it was a good idea, I was getting paid for it! But I soon realized that after I had kissed him, just how much damage I had done, and I couldn't take it back."

"So please Hana, it isn't his fault and I am completely taking the full blame for it. You need to forgive him, he loves you too much to let you go, and I couldn't imagine how much pain not only you are in right now, but him as well" I stayed silent after she finished speaking, I didn't know what to say, I only breathed in my ragged and uneven breathes.

"Please Park Hana" she continues to beg, and I can hear how much she was playing in her voice. Taking a deep gulp, I opened my mouth to reply.

"I- it- it was Soonyoung" I mumble, still in disbelief as I stared at the wall in front of me, still in complete and utter shock. Nicole hums on the other side of the line, signaling that what I said was true.

"Please Hana, forgive the boy you love deeply" she continues, and I find that my tears have now stopped, my face fallen stiff and dry.

"I need some time to think" I whisper, bringing my cellphone away from my ear, and ending the call.