33.

part thirty-three,
14:33- ;

Christmas Eve.

December 24th, the day before Christmas.

A day where children would go sleepless, too excited to get up the next day and find their stockings filled with gifts.

When people would leave out milk and cookies so Santa clause would come in the middle of the night and eat it all.

Life was finally starting to fall right back into place again, I thought to myself as Bora laughed at something my Father said, placing an ornament on the bright green Christmas tree.

"Miss Hana, place this one over there" Lynn suggests, pointing over to a blank section on the tree and handing me a clear crystal ball ornament. 

I nod at her order, taking a step and standing up on the tip of my toes to place the ball near the top in the blank space, smiling I return to my feet.

"The tree is looking magical" my Father says behind me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as he stares up at the tree with me.

Father had changed, and for the better. He was no longer stressing over his work and he no longer wore uncomfortable suits 24/7, he seemed more relaxed, more social and I liked it.

After the award ceremony I thought father would be furious that Soonyoung had won, but as the days went on he seemed to forget that night as a whole, and so did I.

Hansol was no longer the first thought in my mind when I woke up in the morning, nor was he my last thought before I indulged in my dreams at night.

I was finally starting to move on, and I liked it.

Bora continued laughed at my Father's horrible jokes as she continued to place ornaments on the tree, Lynn doing the same.

I hadn't had any contact with Hansol since that day at the mall last week, I felt at peace and content with myself, feeling like I had nothing to drag me down or to worry about, I was slowly rebuilding myself.

I wasn't expecting Christmas tomorrow to be all that much exciting, I would spend time with my family and open presents and then most likely not do much other then that, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Darling, are you okay? You keep zoning out" Father turns around concerned, an ornament in hand as he studies my facial expression for any kind of discomfort, but finding none.

"Yeah I'm perfectly fine, just thinking of how luck I am to have such beautiful friends and family" Father smiles, opening his arms to envelope me in a fatherly hug. I hear Bora scoff from beside the tree, but smiling nonetheless.

"You're always so cheesy, Hana" she laughs, going up onto her tiptoes to place a bright blue ball on to the tree.

"You know me" I step away from Father, sending Bora a wink before going over to the box filled with ornaments and shuffling through all of the options.

"Lynn, are you going to be returning home to your family for Christmas?" I ask her, taking out a star ornament and walking back over to the tree, awaiting her reply.

"Oh but Miss Hana, you are my family" I smile at her words, place the ornament near he bottom as I process her statement.

I was so, so lucky to have such a caring family, even though it may not have originally been like that.

I jumped in shock when a loud ringtone rang through the living room. Bora blushed as she stepped over to her handbag, shuffling through it before pulling out her cellphone, bringing it to her ear.

"It is Woozi" she mouths, before excusing herself from the room. I smiled to myself, happy that my friend was seeing someone like Woozi.

"Ahh young love" I heard Lynn murmur to herself without even realizing it, placing a pretty lilac colored ornament on the tree. I stayed silent, not wanting to say anything as I leant on the arm rest of the couch.

"Oh, Miss Hana, I meant-"

"It's fine Lynn, I'm getting over him" I laugh, trying to lighten the mood, and it seemed to work. I faintly saw father send Lynn a look, but his face returned back to normal when Bora walked back into the lounge room.

"How are you feeling love bird?" I smirked at her, watching as a deep blush crept onto the apples of her cheeks as she rummages through the variety of ornaments in the box.

"Shut up" she laughed embarrassed, side glancing me and grabbing out a crystal clear heart.

The day continued on like that, the four of us finding peace and happiness in decorating the tree.

I stepped back, admiring our work as I looked the tree up and down. The bright green of the tree contrasted perfectly with the pale colored ornaments, and it was a beautiful sight to see.

"Do you want to do the honors?" My father came up behind me, a large gold star in hand as he held it out towards me.

"I would love to" I smile, taking it from his grasp and stepping over to the tree. Standing up on the tips of my toes I placed the star at the top of the tree, adding the final touch to a perfect Christmas Eve.