Part 6 : No Strings Attached

"Rick!" Kimberley shouted from across The Hub, striding in her Louboutins.

Rick admired her sexy shape from across the way. His eyes travelled lazily down her figure, outlining every body part. The black business dress matched with the blazer was perfect for her shape. He'd give anything to see her in less. She was gorgeous. More perfect than any other woman he had ever laid eyes on. She was sexy, intelligent, independent, sassy, funny as hell.

He wanted this woman in his bed more than he'd wanted anything else in his life. He began to picture it himself, her on tiptoes to kiss him, him ripping off her clothes, sleeping with her, his sheets artfully draped around her beautiful body.

Riccardo Alonso had more than met his match, and she was wearing red-bottomed heels.

"Riccardo! Get here right now."

Riccardo made his way over to Kimberley smiling, "God, you're sexy when you're feisty."

"Shut up." she hissed, "What do you think you're playing at?"

"What?" he pouted

"The briefcase. It wasn't there." she said, "Wait a second... you've got it haven't you?"

Rick laughed placing the briefcase in her hands, "I needed a private moment, darling. We've got a new client. I want you to go solo on this one."

Kimberley folded her arms in defiance, "And what if I say no?"

Rick snorted, "Then you're fired."

Kimberley sighed, "I'll prepare the argument at home. Send me the details via e-mail please. I'm going to need all of the information I will be able to get my hands on in order to prepare a substantial case. After all, I wouldn't want to tarnish the precious name of Alonso Advocate Corporation. I believe one Riccardo Alonso would have me on the chopping board if I were to mess up this case in any way. Who's the client?"

"Oh it's very discreet. I shall let you know via e-mail. I wouldn't want to risk saying the name aloud in such a public place such as this one." he informed.

She nodded, "If you don't mind.." she turned away

"Oh, and Kimberley darling," Rick began

"Yes, my lord and slave master." Kimberley said ironically, her eyes rolling to the heavens.

"The 59th Annual Attorney's Ball is on Saturday."

Kimberley shrugged her shoulders, "Your point being?"

Rick rummaged in his pockets and pulled out several notes, "Here's $3,000. Get yourself something nice to wear. Preferably short. I love those sexy, endless legs and I'd love nothing more than to look at them all evening long, gorgeous."

Kimberley gasped, "You are such a chauvinist it is actually insane. And besides, you can't give me $3,000 just like that!"

Rick was taken aback, and gasped dramatically, "Why not? I'm a millionaire aren't I?"

"Modesty becomes you, Riccardo." She hissed, making him tip his head back laughing.

"Go ahead. Spend it." Rick said, "Sofia will be there so I want you looking at your best."

Kimberley was contemplating what Rick said, processing it in her brain before she spoke, Sofia, Rick, 59th Annual Attorney's Ball, $3,000...Sofia, Rick, 59th Annual Attorney's Ball, $3,000...

"Look my best?" Kimberley screech, "Rick, I'm not a dog that you have to train for the American Kennel Club and show off to your lawyer friends, and more importantly your ex-wife who you want to get back at for leaving you. Who the hell do you think I am? Some kind of Barbie that you can dress up and play with? You truly are a chauvinistic, horrible and frankly sickening man and I would rather die than go to the Attorney's Ball with you and accept your money. I'm not some kind of escort you can buy Riccardo. If you want your ex-wife back so badly, then why not just go and get her... oh wait, I forgot, she loathed you so much that she found comfort in another man. Find me when you stop being a pompous ass."

Kimberley stuffed the money so quickly into Riccardo's hands that it went flying everywhere. Riccardo quickly scooped up the crisp notes and ran after her.

"Kimberley!" Rick shouted, "Kimberley, wait!" He reached out grabbing her arm but Kimberley shook his grasp bringing her left hand around to hit Rick in the face.

"Don't touch me!" she shrieked, curling her lip up in disgust.

"But Kim... I..."

She lowered her tone, speaking through her teeth, "Don't you dare touch me, Riccardo Alonso. I have no time to entertain men like you. None at all. So whatever ideas you have in your head about me, I'd get rid of them. Because next time, I won't be so generous. I'll knock them out of your head...now, if you'll excuse me. I'm glad we understand one another."

Kimberley turned on one heel, stomping off and away, her damage done.

Meanwhile, Rick was crouched over, rubbing the red imprint she'd left on his cheek, his lips curving into a smirk as he watched her behind sway.