Part 24 : No Strings Attached

Kimberley Rae Alonso, you are an absolute genius. Negotiation is obviously your strong point.

I put on the red silk kimono that I bought at a market from when September and I went to Thailand. It cut just above my knee, with a slit down the side showing the length of my legs, along with a sneaky flash of my thigh.

I coiled my hair into a neat bun and placed two red chopsticks into it, one on either side of my head.

Red heels on, red lipstick on, foundation, mascara, fur coat, now it was time to hit the road.

I wonder what he was wearing.... no doubt something sexy that would have my fingers trembling all night as I'd specified.

I walked down the staircase and he was already waiting there.

Armani. Black. Fitted. White shirt - open collar showing the dusting of hairs on his chest. Black patent shoes.

I knew he would do this to me.....

Payback was a b**ch.

He was standing in front of the mirror, pulling down his shirt, adjusting his suit. I bit my lip.

Patience dear Kimberley. Always patience.

He turned towards me and smiled, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes." I grinned.

"God, baby, you look sexy!" He groaned, "Beautiful."

"Likewise." I kissed his cheek

He put one hand around my waist and opened the door, leading me past the gravel where the cars were parked and out onto the back fields.

"Riccardo," I said, "What the hell are we doing out on the fields?"

He grinned boyishly, "You'll see."

Suddenly from out of nowhere a helicopter with the initials AHI on the side fluttered downwards and landed about 20 feet away from us.

Luckily my hair was well pinned or else I would have had to go inside and re- do it.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the helicopter where Juan sat in the driver's seat and Kain in the seat next to him.

They both waved as we got in.

"Hey Sis." Kain smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "Not you again!"

We both laughed and hugged each other.

Rick and Juan shook hands but then they too were laughing and hugging.

"Congrats baby sis," Kain smiled, "Mom and Dad are over the moon."

I sighed, "Well, yes seeing as I will be giving them their first grandchild...."

Kain laughed, "I know, I know, it should be me first seeing as I'm the oldest right? But you know how I roll Kim. I'm gonna be an old, old bachelor."

I patted his shoulder as we took off, "You'll find someone to take care of you Kain, like Rick does for me."

I put my head on Rick's shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me.

I forgot how good this felt. How good it felt to be held by someone you knew loved you, no matter what.....

We landed about 15 minutes later, on the Helipad at the top of The Ivy Hotel.

The Grand Hall was decorated to absolute perfection in the 'oriental twist' theme that I wanted.