Part 27 : No Strings Attached

I just couldn't resist uploading!

B. X

******************************************************************************

Riccardo's P.O.V.

“Mr Alonso, I presume you’ve met our new intern, Tessa McDowell. She’s just out of high school and exploring her options in the legal field. She’s been working here for the past month.”

I looked up from my computer and saw her.

I’ve seen the girl before, with her laughter and flirtatious behaviour. She’s been staring at me for the past week, where were her parents?

But that was one thing with Linda. She loved a blonde. I was beginning to think she was a lesbian...

I was a mess. There was no doubt about it. The emotional connection I felt towards my unborn child overtook everything else. To know that my wife had a part of each of us... growing inside of her... and to know that... that b*stard ripped our child from her womb. It had me in pieces. I couldn't  think... I couldn't feel... everything was numb. Kimberley and I had barely spoken. We hadn't kissed... embraced... we were empty shells, the pair of us.

‘Tessa’, who must have been about 18, flashed me a flirty smile. I was used to this, but from a little kid?

She was wearing a tight black suit with a low cut top that showed off plenty of cleavage. She was the type of girl that Kimberley would have laughed at. She would have told Tessa where she stood.

Kimberley, I miss you being here....

She extended her hand, “Mr Alonso...”

I continued to write, not looking up at her for a moment, “Yes, Ms McDowell, very nice to meet you, now Linda, I need those papers for the Whyte and Browns case, you know that I’m getting my sister Rosalina in to take on the case and I need the previous file history and any criminal records of the defendant.”

Linda graciously smiled, “Tessa has volunteered to file those papers for you today, sir. There’s not much else going on around here anyway.”

“Um yes.. you... sorry I’ve forgotten your name.”

“Tessa. Tessa McDowell.” She smiled.

“Well, yes, Ms McDowell. I’d advice you start right away. These things don’t sort out themselves out do they?”

“I would be most happy to oblige Mr Alonso.”

Linda grinned proudly, “I’ll just get back to work then, shall I?”

Once Linda had left, Tessa perched on my desk, “So... Riccardo....”

I looked up from my work, “Ms McDowell.”

“Do you know what I’m going to say Riccardo?” she asked, shuffling closer towards me, resting her heel on my chair.

“No Ms McDowell.”

“I’ve seen you, you know,” she purred, “You’ve been looking at me. I can tell...”

“Ms McDowell, I think you are highly mistaken.”

She was mistaken. Had I ever seen this girl before today? I racked my brains. No. Too busy wallowing in my own self-pity.

“Why not? I’ve been looking at you too.” She said, her fingers creeping up my chest, “People would say I'm out of my mind, but I've always liked an older man...and I've always liked power. I find it very attractive, find you very attractive. And I don't like waiting."