Part 8 : No Strings Attached

Hope you guys enjoy it! :)

B. Xxxx

*********************************************************************************************************

Turning away from my companion for a second, I saw her. Stepping down the stairs in a short, tight LBD and 6 inch heels, her hair was blonde and curly, her lips an apple red, her skin flawless.  She was standing with two girls and another man. I couldn't see him because she was blocking my view but I could see her. Laughing and smiling with various others.

I excused myself from the brunette and made my way over to her. God, I couldn't control myself. I was thinking about all of the ways I could rip the dress from her body, what type of underwear she was wearing... how many ways could I make love to her in one evening? What would she like in bed?

"Kimberley." I said, offering her a smile, "I didn't  think I would see you here tonight. You look... stunning. As usual."

She turned around to face me, the smile vanishing from her face, "Mr Alonso."

"How are you?" I asked

She smiled at me and then moved, grabbing the arm of her companion, "Mr Alonso,  I presume you've met Mr Drake? CEO of Whyte and Browns."

Ryan Drake stepped forward, "Hi Riccardo. I've heard... a lot about you."

I frowned. What did Ryan Drake know about me? He was fresh out of law school, only 24, inherited the company from his mother Lola Whyte and grandfather Charles Whyte. Now he thought he was some kind of big shot lawyer calling the shots and playing God, but I had his card marked. I would play the game. And he was with Kimberley? My woman? This bastard was going down. If he had touched her I would kill him. Kimberley Scott was mine for the picking, she was the finest, juiciest red apple on the tree and I would eat her and savour every single minute of it.

"Likewise Ryan, likewise."

Kimberley looked over at me, I caught her eye and she looked away.

The band began to play Spring: The Four Seasons and the host smiled showing yellowy teeth, "It's that time of the evening ladies and gents where you grab another guy or gal that is not your companion tonight and dance the night away..."

I approached Kimberley, grabbing her by the waist and spinning her around. I looked into her deep green eyes that had me entranced. I was like Icarus, flying too close to the sun.

I danced with her amongst the many others.

Kimberley gritted her teeth, "What did I tell you about touching me again? I don't want you anywhere near me."

"Light up doll face," I replied, "Turn that frown upside down."

She scoffed, "I'm not playing your games Rick. I'm with Drake now. Go chase some other skirt."

"It's you," I whispered in her ear, "Ever since that day, it's been you."

"You egotistical, narcissistic self-centred, b-"

I had to find a way to shut her up, to make her realise that she was right for me... that I was right for her...

I kissed her.

***********************************************************************************************************

Kimberley's P.O.V

He kissed me.

He kissed me.

He kissed me and I kissed him back. It felt so right, but somehow I knew it was wrong. His lips, strong and powerful, moved against mine. Not a punishing rhythm as I had expected... but soft, gentle, encouraging... beautiful....

It had always been my dream to kiss this man. To feel what his lips felt against mine. What would he like from me? Was I to seduce him, to tease him, to talk dirty? I wanted to know all of his hopes, his dreams, his desires, what he wanted in a woman.

He was powerful and I was submissive but we fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Surely this was meant to be? The way his body and his lips moved against mine. It'd been too long. I'd been head over heels for this man for near on a year and he hadn't made a move...

Why was that?

No.

I pulled away, "Rick-I"

He looked down at the floor, failing to hide his shame, "I'm sorry Miss Scott. I—I—enjoy your evening." He walked away circulating amongst others and disappearing out of my view.

Why did he do it? To shut me up? Or was it because he felt something? Felt something like I did? Stop kidding yourself Kimberley. Why would a big shot attorney like Riccardo Alonso be in love with you? I should have never come to this ball after all. And why do I love him so much? He's a stuck up, egotistical snob. But he's funny, cute and damn hot at the same time.

I only went to this event with Drake because I thought it would make Rick jealous. I couldn't stand the guy. Of course he was good-looking in his own kind of way, but he was ageing fast, his ginger hair tinted with grey, and his charm was saccharine, too sweet, too slimy. But I saw the way Rick looked at the guy, in a sort of way that said, "Who do you think you are?". I suppose he was trying to protect me. But why would he protect me if he didn't have feelings for me? If he didn't love me.

I kicked off my Gucci heels, quickly picking them up and running past the crowds of people who shouted in protest as they were knocked flying.

Then I spotted him. He was talking to some red head, dancing with her, a slow pulsing beat playing as their bodies and faces were merely inches apart. He whispered in her ear and she grinned and giggled like a Cheshire Cat. Funny how he could adapt so quickly, like nothing had ever happened... the only signs being the smudge of red lipstick in the corner of his mouth.

I put on my shoes and walked into the night, hailing a taxi and getting into it. Where could I go? My parents house? Not a sensible move, Kimberley. Seeing as your parents are impatiently waiting for their first grandchild. Your friends house? That would mean waking up her daughter Charlotte for more Dora and Diego time.  No. Today was a woman's crisis and the only person that could solve my problems was September Wood. Your best friend since kindergarten. So I knocked on her door. It opened with a creak.

"Kim? What are you doing here?" she said.