Part 10 : No Strings Attached

Part 10 is up!

Love,

B. Xxx

************************************************************************************************************************

Kimberley's P.O.V.

As the taxi pulled up outside the departures terminal of JFK, I'd tried to clear my mind and picture California. The sun beating down on my back, a cocktail in hand as I lounged out at my parent's beach house with a fashion magazine. 

But try as I might, my thoughts were instead occupied by one Riccardo Alonso. Namely, his charming smile, his good looks, his laughter, and of course, the way he'd kissed me. 

A holiday was definitely in order. September said it would be best for me to just get away from it all. She'd said she'd deal with it. I planned to be gone for two weeks and I was definitely due a break, but my trustworthy best friend promised she'd deal with it all. So I grabbed my bags and made my way towards the check in desk.

"Hi, how may I help you?"

The check-in girl could have only been about 18, caked in thick foundation, her eyes swiped with sea blue shadow and her lips shiny with red gloss.

"Yeah, hi, I'm checking in, the 11:30 flight to California?"

She smiled showing her off-white teeth, stained by cigarettes, "Sure, your name please?"

"I'm Kimberley, Kimberley Scott."

She clicked twice with the mouse, chewing gum loudly, "Sure thing, doll, you're on the flight, so like, if you could leave your bags with me, and I'll like, check them in for you. Okay, so you go like, through that gate and like, turn left, and then you'll get to like the departure gate. Yours is Gate 3."

I gritted my teeth, more than annoyed at this irritating start to my journey. 

She frowned at my expression, "Do you have a problem Miss Scott, because if so I'd be more than happy to introduce you to Bill and Shane our secur-"

I interrupted, "No thanks, I'm good. Thank you for your help."

I made my way to the departure gate, browsing at a few shops before finally arriving to meet yet another blonde bimbo. I rolled my eyes in absolute frustration. Just my luck.

"Hello doll face! My name is Roxy, I'm your departure gate assistant today! Ask me absolutely anything, I'm more than happy to help you with absolutely anything you need! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, it's a brilliant day, isn't it? How are you?!?"

I sighed, this just wasn't turning out to be a great day for me, "Good thanks, I'm Kimberley Scott. I want to get on this flight urgently. Can you please just check me through?"

She smiled, "Well, sure thing dollface! I mean, like I'll get you checked in right away!"

She typed a few letters on her computer, "Oh, um... I'm afraid you're, like, not here?"

"What?"

"Umm... this doesn't usually happen, I mean... it's never happened, I mean... I'll get it sorted right away!" she wiped the sweat away from her brow, "Bear with me."

I sighed looking at my watch: '11.20' Damn.

Riccardo's P.O.V.

I sighed looking at my watch: '11.20'

Damn.

I'd never get there on time. I was through the check in desk no problem but I had to buy a ticket and this dumb blonde airhead wasn't making life easy for me...