Wanderlust 6 • Looking Up

"Yes, sir, that's how I found him."

"Hmm. There seems to be nothing wrong with him."

"Do you think maybe we should send in for some help?"

"But, sir... Surely, if word breaks out that he's unconscious..."

"Then let's just keep it under wraps for now. Send in your troops to find his friends."

_____

The next morning, Boo was exhausted bending over, standing up, and doing the same thing all over again. She was looking for a straight branch to use as a tourniquet for Horace's ankle (which wasn't really broken but sprained), and for fuck's sake—she was admittedly bad in finding stuff. Trying to find a straight ANYTHING only meant trouble for her. It was hard enough to keep on glancing back at Horace to make sure she didn't get lost. Thankfully, his blond hair was enough to keep her on track.

"Boo, don't go too far," he said, his Irish accent thick.

Boo sighed again. She'd always said she loved Irish men, and she'd always dreamt of being stuck in an island with one—but not this guy. He was big, old, and well, he looked like he had already fathered 20 kids and 5 grandchildren. Boo didn't need this kind of man in her life. She was slightly bothered that he was sending her these knowing looks every time their gazes met.

Why did she volunteer to find the damn branch in the first place!?

"Boo!!!'

If only she didn't have a conscience, she would've left him and tried to find her sister instead. Then again, it was better to be with someone than actually die alone in the forest. "Wait a sec, Horace!" Settling on two semi-straight branches, she went back to where he sat and waved it in front of him. "Look here. I think this'll do."

Why Boo hated this, was that he had the most gorgeous set of blue eyes. For an old man, his eyes were youthful. She didn't want to think that his voice was "young" too because randomly fantasising about this old stranger was not in her best interests.

"Please don't go anywhere," Horace said, clasping her arm when she tried to make a steady brace for his ankle. His touch was warm, soft, and it almost made something flutter in her belly—especially with the way he looked at her with those gentle yet intense blues... "I need you."

This felt like a romance movie in the making, Boo's inner rom-com writer persona suggested, feeling her heart beating a little faster.

But then she saw his weird toe, which looked like it had a mind of its own. Rolling her eyes at her misfortune, Boo thought, Never mind.

_____

When Louis woke up the next morning, he swear he forgot why he was actually lost in the middle of the jungle because of the lovely scent that invaded his nostrils. Sure, he wasn't enveloped in his usual Egyptian cotton sheets (he could feel a branch poking him on the ribs), but his head lay somewhere soft and vanilla-scented. He didn't want to open his eyes yet because he was going to milk this moment as much as he can. If his dick was right, his head was resting in the middle of Bloody Mary Babe's boobs—or better yet, her ass.

Oy vey, Louis thought. If death awaits me, this is the way to go!

A few minutes later, she woke up—judging by the way she was trying to pull away from him, Louis only squeezed her closer, nuzzling his face against her luscious breasts.

Then she gasped.

And froze.

"Um... Damien...?" she asked. "I think you should wake up."

Damien? Who was—oh yes. That was him. "Mmm?" he feigned sleepiness, then her heart pounded loudly against his ear it made him jump into a sitting position.

"Don't. Move."

Louis didn't have to check that her eyes were wide in fear and alarm. He knew he was probably doing the same thing—judging by the red and yellow snake that slithered in front of them, looking at them with its two, beady black eyes. He unconsciously held her hand in utter fear.

God, when I said I wanted to die, Louis prayed in fear. I didn't mean now!

_____

When the sun had risen and Dani could finally tell which path to finally take, she realised for once, that she was unafraid of snakes or anything at all. She wasn't even afraid she was lost. Bravely, she strutted through the leafy grounds, hoping to stumble back to the dirt road that led back to the hotel. Well, she was still a scaredy-cat, but someone was trailing her as she made her way through the trees.

At first, Dani felt terrified of him, like any normal female would feel. Then she realised that she was probably dreaming awake because she was fantasising about how Harry Styles—yes, THE HARRY STYLES, was trailing her. She must've inhaled some weed in her sleep because she woke up high and she was currently floating to nowhere. All she knew was that he was following her "discretely", hiding behind each tree each time she walked further away from him. And he always caught up, his long limbs effortlessly catching up to her.

He was all knees and elbows that his efforts to "hide" wasn't exactly working. There was one time he had managed to hide himself behind a really thick tree, but the little cute monkeys that trailed after him gave him away.

Dani knew she must have been still dreaming and it was her Tarzan!Harry episode. This was happening. Getting lost in the jungle and being found by her half-naked hubby.

Then again, it could also be just a coincidence that someone as tall as Harry, with his tattoos and long curly brown hair was following her. It could be a figment of the wild imagination she was famous for, right? This couldn't possibly be real.

Miracles don't exactly happen twice—

"OOMPH!" Dani launched forward as her foot got caught in something, falling face front on a pile of leaves. God, she prayed, let there be not shit where I land!

But she didn't fall on top of the leaves.

Instead she fell on top of a body that was all too familiar to her own. It was the same warmth, same length, same frame... Same green eyes. Her breath caught in her throat, her heart matched the wild beating of his. "Ha...Harry...?"

Then he would say that one word that would make her lose her shit (well, in the figurative sense, for now). With glassy eyes, he whispered, "Wifey?"

Like the first time they met, Dani just gave up trying and fainted.

_____

Hello! Sorry for the short update, but I wanted to let you guys know I'm still here. Please leave a comment to let me know you guys are still there! Xx