4 || Lemonade

9:00 PM Jewel: Dani??? How are you?? I miss you :(

10:05 PM Dani: Miss you too :( I won't be able to text much. My phone is messed up.

Dani yawned as she waited for Jewel to reply. She had opened her laptop's messenger app just to talk to her, seeing as how touching her phone made Harry go nuts - who, at the moment, had returned 'home' under the bed. Honestly, she was exhausted. The entire day had been spent explaining to Harry why his presence wasn't exactly normal in her room. And Harry playing with her dog Rosie, which was fucking adorable and made her heart bleed with love and joy.

"Are you saying I'm famous?"

"Yes," Dani said. "You don't exactly belong here, Harry. You're this famous-"

"But I belong with you, Dani," he sobbed, and pushed all the 1D merch away from her. "I don't know what I was doing then, but I don't want to do it anymore."

Dani cherished those words. She knew there was a chance he could disappear anytime. If only she can record everything and keep this part of her life with her forever. But if there was one thing she loved next to Harry Styles, it was the boys. It slightly pained her to hide all the One Direction collectibles in her closet because it made Harry upset. Apparently, he cried because he couldn't remember it happened, couldn't recognise his "brothers" in the photo, and was basically sad because Dani wasn't in the picture with them. It was heartwarming as it was funny sometimes.

10:10 PM Jewel: Dani. I suppose you already know but I find it weird out you're not crying right now.

10:10 PM Dani: Huh?

10:11 PM Jewel: Your hubby just pulled a Zayn on an interview. As usual, Tatay said he was sick, but I can smell something fishy. It's not like Harry to just leave like that.

She put her fingertips on the keyboard, but Dani didn't know what to say.

10:12 PM Jewel: I hope the rumors aren't true tho. He can't just leave.

10:13 PM Jewel: On another note, I can't help but remember what I told you the other day. Harry living under your bed? Lmao. Haha. Let him go home, Dani!

10:13 PM Jewel: jk tho. I hope Harry is fine.

10:14 PM Dani: Haha under my bed. I wish.

What even, Dani thought. If only she can just tell Jewel what's really happening. But right now, she had to give Harry her full attention. She noticed that Harry didn't want to go back to his life, but she had to tell him that his reality wasn't exactly a bad thing. Now, if only she can convince him to return to his true self and maybe remember her, then it would all work out to their benefit. Right? But how can she start this plan if Harry couldn't even explain how he got here?

"Dani," his voice echoed from the floor. "I need a bath."

10:30 PM Jewel: Anyway, need to go and prepare for work. I'LL MISS YOU. :(

10:31 PM Dani: Ok, take care. I'll miss you too. Love you.

10:32 PM Jewel: :( Love you

It was going to be an exciting week, Dani thought as she closed her laptop. She had just sent a letter to her boss explaining that she needed a week off work due to a family emergency (Harry was her future husband, was he not?), and if they didn't agree, they can take it as her resignation letter. Thankfully, they told her they'd be expecting her next week, they'll miss her, and they hoped everything was fine. In fact, she felt even more worried that she wouldn't be able to text Jewel much considering they talked to each other 24/7. But she knew her BFF wouldn't mind. If there was someone who knew her happiness with Harry amounted to, it was her. Someday, Dani was sure Jewel would understand. If the same thing happened to Jewel, she'd understand too. Of course, the guy had to be Louis Tomlinson and no one else. Other men were simply NOT accepted in their friendship bubble.

"Dani! I need a bath!"

Finally setting her eyes on Harry, Dani frowned. "You what?"

"I STINK, DANI!" Harry exclaimed, and stuck his fingers in his left armpit. "I smell like rotten eggs!"

He didn't. Harry didn't smell. It was just anatomically impossible. Smiling with intent, Dani faced him and opened her arms. "Let me smell you, babe?" Yes, she just called him babe. Because she can. Because she couldn't call him hubby yet.

Harry was only wearing her pyjama pants, and Dani took her sweet time staring at his tattoos as he crawled from the bed and stood at his full height in front of her. Before he can shove his smelly fingers on her nose, Dani stood up from the chair and boldly wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him lower to her. She buried her nose in the crook of his neck.

He didn't smell like rotten eggs, but he didn't smell like flowers either. Crunching her nose, Dani sniffed. He smelled like he took a long run and didn't take a shower afterwards. "Yeah, you need a bath," she murmured as she ran her hands up and down his back. His skin was perfect. This position was perfect, but Harry wasn't returning her sweet embrace.

Harry was being Harry. "Dani? Do you think they miss me?" He was just playing with her hair, unmindful of the way she was copping a feel.

"I'm sure they do," she said. "That's why we have to figure out how to... Find the way back. Without telling anyone else." Dani couldn't just announce The Harry Styles was living with her. It would cause such a scene. And really, who would believe her? She couldn't even tweet or take a damn photo.

Remembering something, Dani drew back from the embrace. "By the way... Who was the 'he' person you were talking about the other day?"

Harry shrugged. "I saw him once or twice in my house and he just went there to tell me the rules."

"What's his name?"

"Small Simon," Harry said automatically. "He said I'm not allowed to tell anyone who he is." His eyes darted to the bed. "So that's our secret."

Small Simon? Hearing the name made her shiver in fear. "Like Simon Cowell?"

Harry laughed. "No!" His attention span, limited like any crazy person, he raised his arms. "Smell me, Dani!" He tried making her smell his armpits, but Dani was already pushing him away laughing. He toppled her over the bed.

"Wait, Harry," she said, cupping his cheeks with her hands. "You remember who Simon Cowell is?"

"No," he laughed. He was trying to tickle her and for once, Dani in her life didn't feel ticklish. Instead, she opened her legs to accommodate his torso between her thighs.

Oh, the warmth. "Are you ready to take a bath?" she asked, her voice laced with dirty thoughts.

Harry nodded enthusiastically. "Let's go!"

A wicked smile on her face, Dani thought, When life gives you lemons...