Chapter 5

Camila was talking to Shawn as she walked out of class.

"So Camilla, you wanna be partners for the project?" Shawn asked as he held the door for her.

"I'm partners with Normani. Sorry Shawn," Camila actually felt bad for letting him down, but he just shrugged and walked away.

"Hey Camz!" Lauren shouted running towards Camila. Camila turned around at the sound of Lauren's raspy voice.

Camila laughed lightly, "Camz?"

Lauren scratched the back of her neck, "I got lazy to say your whole name. I mean we're friends, right?"

Camila nodded, feeling slightly disappointed with the word 'friend.'

"Yeah. So I get to call you Camz. You can make a nickname for me too," Lauren said as they started walking to English. "How about babe, since you already called me that before."

Camila pushed Lauren lightly.

"Lo! Mila! Wait up!" The girls heard their names being called, turning around, they saw Normani chasing after them.

"Take a breather Mani, plus we weren't even that far ahead," Lauren said, holding a tired Normani.

"I'm sore. I did a lot of exercising with Dinah over summer," Normani said, as she looked at Lauren.

"Okay. Ew. I don't need to know about your sex or as you call it 'exercise' life," Lauren said, about to drop Normani on the floor.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Camila asked, pointing between the two girls.

"Yeah. Mani and I met in English Class last year," Lauren said, while fanning Normani.

"Speaking of English. I have Holub," Normani said after she regain composure.

"Same here. Let's get to class," Lauren said, starting to walk.

-

"Baby!" Normani exclaimed as ran into class, jumping into her girlfriend's arms.

Due to Dinah's fast reflexes, she didn't drop Normani. "Camila! You're in this class. It's going to be lit.. or is it live? You know what whatever."

Camila laughed at Dinah's choice of words. She turned around and saw Lauren talking to a girl. She couldn't lie, she felt a twig of jealousy, but she couldn't show it. She saw Lauren walking over to her with the girl she was talking to, Camila internally rolled her eyes.

"Hey Camz, this is my friend, Ally," Lauren said as the girl held out her hand for Camila to shake.

Camila faked her smile, but shook Ally's hand anyway, "Camila."

"Yeah. Lauren told me a lot about you over there," she said, pointing back to the spot they were at.

Camila blushed lightly.

Ally leaned into Camila's ear, "She's taken an interest in you. This hasn't happened in a while."

Camila blushed harder, she's pretty sure that her face would explode in any second.