Chapter 14

After Sofi's bubble bath, Camila got her dressed and walked with her downstairs. Dinah and Lauren were laughing about something when they saw Camila by the kitchen.

"Hey Camz. Hey Sofi. Breakfast is on the stove," Lauren said, pointing.

"Mhm. Lauren made pancakes for days," Dinah said, with a mouthful of food.

Camila smiled and went over to the cabinet to get plates. She carefully placed two pancakes on Sofi's plate and gave it to her.

"Kaki, can I watch cartoons?" Sofi asked, looking at Camila with her puppy face.

"Yeah. Just go over to the couch and I'll be over in a few to set it up," Camila nodded in the direction of the living room.

"I got it!" Dinah yelled, racing to take Sofi's hand, leading her into the other room.

Camila got her pancakes and sat down in front of Lauren. They sat in silence for what seemed like hours, but they were only seconds.

"So..." Lauren said, trying not to sound awkward.

Camila avoided eye contact, "So.. Anything new?"

"Nope, you?"

Camila was about to saying something until Lauren interrupted, "Actually... Oh wait, I'm sorry."

The petite waved off her apology, "Don't worry about it, there's nothing new. By all means, continue."

Lauren nodded, "I was planning to do that Winter Showcase."

"Oh really? I have a sign up sheet if you want," Camila used her thumb to point in the direction of her room.

Lauren looked at Camila confused, "You're planning to do it?"

Camila looked down at her pancakes, twirling her fork. "No.. I don't know. I want to because I'd be doing something I love and the prize is to go on stage with Demi, but..," she drifted off.

Lauren raised a brow at Camila, waiting for her to finish.

Camila lightly shook her head, and looked back up at Lauren, "No, I'm not doing it."

The way she spoke, she seemed determined, but Lauren could see in Camila's eyes that she was unsure if that's the choice she wanted to make. But Lauren wanted to sign up for a different reason, she didn't want to perform with Demi, although that would be cool, she wanted to win the heart of a girl she just started to have feelings for.

"If you want to do it, then I'll just get another paper from Mani since she's the one passing it out," Lauren said after a few minutes of silence.

"Its fine, Lauren. I'll go get the paper right now," Camila quickly put her fork down and ran upstairs before Lauren could decline.

She came back a few minutes later. Out of breathe, she handed the paper over to Lauren and went to the fridge to get water.

"You okay there, Camz?" Lauren laughed, walking over to Camila, rubbing her back.

Camila shook her head and looked up at Lauren, "I'm fine, thanks Laur. I had to fight a million textbooks and notebooks, that's why I'm out of breathe. I almost fell like five times."

Lauren threw her head back and laughed, "Are you sure it was five? For someone as clumsy as you, I think it would be a million as well."

Camila shoved Lauren to the side and sat down to finish her breakfast. She pretend to be mad at Lauren, so she ignored her for a while.

-

About half an hour later, Lauren was still trying to get Camila's attention. After Camila finished eating breakfast, she went to the living room to watch cartoons with Sofi, Lauren followed. Lauren was currently poking Camila after every name she called her so that she could acknowledge her, while Dinah was upstairs, studying, since the Mid-Terms were on Monday.