Chapter 16

They pulled away, blushing, while trying to hide their smiles.

"So um," Lauren scratched the back of her neck, while biting her lip. "Do you want to grab a bite to eat or do you just want to go home?"

Camila gave Lauren a face that meant 'really?'

Lauren bit her lip again, "Wrong question to ask, let's just go to the car and figure out where to eat."

Camila laughed, but obliged.

As they started walking, Lauren used her left hand to grab Camila's right and connected them. After a few seconds, Lauren questioned her move, so she looked at Camila, "This is okay, right?"

Camila, who blushed harder, looked down and nodded. Lauren smiled and continued to walk in silence.

When they got to car, Lauren opened the passenger door for Camila.

"Thanks," Camila smiled.

Lauren nodded and closed the door once Camila was settled. She then ran to the driver's side and turned on the car, heating it up.

"So where do you wanna go?" Lauren asked, after fumbling with the vents for a few minutes.

"Well, I'm being generous today and letting you pick," Camila joked.

Lauren smirked, "You still don't know your way around Miami, do you?"

"No I do not," Camila admitted.

Lauren laughed, "You okay with a half an hour drive?"

Camila quickly turned in her seat, while putting hand over her heart, "Oh my gosh, Lauren! Half an hour? That's like thirty minutes! My stomach can't handle that!"

Lauren shrugged and began driving, "Oh well, I'm driving so."

-

"Where are we?" Camila asked as Lauren opened the car door for her.

"Eleventh Street Diner," Lauren interlocked their fingers as they walked into the vintage diner.

There was a small amount of people inside the diner. Lauren lightly tugged Camila's hand, leading her to one of the booths near the back.

Camila sat down and admired the retro architecture that they had. Whereas, Lauren looked around just because. There were only a few customers, one chef and two workers that were visible: a guy who looked around the age of 20, stood at the cash register as a couple paid for their food and a mid-aged lady around the age of 40 through 50, but looked as healthy as ever; Lauren smiled as she realized who one of them was.

The waitress placed down a plate for one of the customers and noticed the two girls who were, now, looking at the menu. The waitress retied her apron and approached them.

"Hello, I'm Pat and I'll be your server today," The waitress said, not looking at them, she was preoccupied with patting her apron. "Well, I'm not sure if I can since I can't find my order pad."

Lauren scrunched her brows, confused as to how you lose an essential item for working at a restaurant. She looked past the waitress and laughed. She looked at Camila and nodded her head towards the counter, where the order pad was. Camila shook her head and giggled.