Chapter 28: Khushi

Khushi felt tired and cold, exhausted from telling Arnav-ji everything she'd hidden from him. She hoped he believed her, but there was a lot of anger in his eyes and she wasn't sure how much of it was directed at her.

He didn't say anything for long minutes, silently wrapping the blanket around them before embracing her. She leaned back into him, grateful for his comfort.

When he finally spoke, it was in a deep rumble that she felt in his chest more than heard.

"I'm sorry I brought you so much pain. I wish... I wish I'd made it easier for you to confide in me, that I'd been a better ... a better friend to you. I want to be a much better husband. If you ... if you still w-want me."

"I'm really sorry, Khushi. I should have talked to you. I never should have married you like that. That night I made the biggest mistake of my life, and I promise you baby, I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you."

"I'm going to take care of Shyam when we return to India. I'm going to make sure he doesn't hurt you or Di ever again. I'll make everything okay, I promise."

"I know you will," Khushi replied, "You always do."

*********************

The End

*********************

Thank you very much for reading, commenting, voting for, and adding Forgive Her Anything to your lists :D

 I hope you liked seeing how I thought Arnav and Khushi would work out their misunderstanding if left in isolation ... in a city that's like neutral ground for them. They have a long way to go - they've only just begun to heal - but this story ends here; I don't intend to write anything further in this AU.

*********************

From my FAQ:

2. How could you end it there!?

Each story explores a theme or topic, and thus each story ends when I feel I've explored that theme or topic.

All my stories are written with a goal in mind. Forgive Her Anything was always about allowing Khushi and Arnav to actually speak to one another. Once that was done, I didn't see the need to continue.

*********************

If you enjoyed Forgive Her Anything, you might like RISHTAA, my latest work --

This is no longer the story of a girl who crashed a fashion show and a man who thought she was a corporate spy.

It's her last year of college, and Khushi's family are looking for a husband for their youngest daughter. She dreams of a prince who will laugh and smile and dance with her, someone who will take her to watch Salman-ji films and buy her jalebis.

But Devi Maiyya has other ideas, and they all take the form of a textile tycoon with a penchant for black. Arnav, a diabetic who doesn't believe in marriage, is the latest in a line of suitors at Khushi's door. But he's the first with no intention of saying yes.

Marriage is a journey of two people, and of two families, and this rishtaa will change everything.