Proposals

"Bruce?! Luna's crying! Can you get her?" Diana called.

The dark knight ran into the makeshift nursery and scooped up his baby girl. "Shhh... What's wrong little moon? Were you lonely?" He asked noticing how quickly the infant quieted once she was in her father's arms.

Diana came in and smiled. "Thank you... I couldn't get up here fast enough."

"It's alright. She was just scared of being alone." He said holding the baby close. His baby girl had the cutest smile and if he was being honest he would admit Diana and the baby we're starting to grow on him. "Are you going to be alright on your own tonight?"

"On my own? Why?" She asked with a frown.

"I have to work tonight Diana... The city has already been without Batman for two whole weeks. Alfred has finally allowed me to get back in the cave. I have to go back to work. Alfred will be the only one available tonight and he'll also be taking care of Richard's son." He explained laying Luna back in the crib.

"Oh..." She said. "Can't Alfred handle the kids? Maybe I could help you out there?" She offered only to have him snap at her.

"No Diana. This is MY city. Wonder Woman can keep saving the world but not Gotham. Batman saves Gotham." He said firmly, his grey eyes alight with borderline fury.

She frowned. "Oh... Alright." She said as she hugged herself. "Well, this weekend I have to meet Kal at the watchtower... He can't train with just anyone so I have to go... Will you be okay with Luna?"

"By myself? I can't feed her!" He exclaimed, fear replacing the anger in his eyes. "Can't you take her with you to the tower? No one else has met her yet... They'd love it."

She raised an eyebrow. "No Bruce. She's not coming to the tower. You can use the powdered formula for her bottles. But if I have to watch her by myself every night, you can handle a weekend alone." She said firmly before she kissed his cheek. "Good luck big shot."

He sighed. Diana just didn't understand his life...
---
"Oracle, what's the status of the getaway car?" Batman asked into the commlink.

"It's on fifty-first and Maple." Came the reply of Barbara.

"Nightwing, head over and cut it off on Main. I'll drive it over there on the Bike. Got it?"

Richard nodded. "Yeah. Um... Batman? Did you invite Superman to this chase?"

He growled as the Kryptonian landed. "Batman, can Nightwing handle this? We need to talk."

Bruce sighed. "Go on Richard, take the Bike and drive them back to Arkham instead. Get Gordon to held cut them off." He said changing his plan slightly so the younger man could do it alone. Once he had sped off Bruce removed his comm. "What is it Superman?"

The next thing he knew, Clark had grabbed him by the armor and was flying through the air. "Clark Kent! Put me down!" He shrieked. He HATED when his friend did this.

They landed at the Fortress of Solitutde. "Bruce we need to talk. About your family."

"What did Richard break now?" He asked with a sigh.

"Not Richard." Clark put a hand on his shoulder. "Your new baby. The one that the team hasn't met yet." He frowned. "And Diana."

Bruce physically tensed. "What about my baby?"

"You're putting them at risk. Diana and you aren't married. Do I need to tell you the stats about kids whose parents aren't married?" He asked with a deeper frown. "That's gonna take its toll on Diana too. When you're not married there will always be this vie for power and authority in your house." He sighed. "I know I'm not the best person to be talking to you about this since I'm not married but I've seen it happen a number of times Bruce." Clark looked really worried. His forehead was creased, and his blue eyes were pretty dull compared to their normal light. "If you're married there is equal authority. That's what both Diana and your baby needs."

Bruce growled. "You brought me out here, interrupted my work... To tell me you think I should get married?!?!"

"Not THINK. I know you should get married Bruce. I also know you should bring your baby to the tower so the team can meet him or her." Clark said firmly.

Bruce sighed, he knew Clark was right. "You know Kansas... You can be a real pain in my arse sometimes."

The Kryptonian smiled. "So you'll think about it?"

"I'll THINK about it." He promised. "And my baby is a she. Her name is Luna."

"Luna? Pretty name. I look forward to meeting her Bruce." He said with a smile. "Need a lift home?"

Bruce growled then. "Only because some stupid farm boy drug me all the way out here to no man's land."

"I love you too Bruce." He chuckled as he picked home up and flew him back to the Batcave.

He walked up and looked at Richard. "Did it work?"

"Like a charm!" The acrobat said with grin. "What did Superman want?"

"To scold me. He wants to tell me how to live my life and unfortunately this time, I know he's correct." He said with a sigh. "Where's Diana? And Luna?"

Alfred came out with a bottle in his hand. "The nursery Master Bruce. Would you take this to her for me?"

Bruce nodded and jogged up the stairs. "Diana?"

"Yes Bruce? How was your work?" She asked cuddling Luna close to her.

He growled faintly. "Clark showed up and took me to his ice palace. He wanted to reprimand me. Richard had to finish patrol without me."

She giggled. "Oh Kal... Thank you for the bottle Bruce..." She said giving it to the hungry baby. "I'm all out for tonight."

His eyes widened. "I didn't need to know."

She giggled a little and kissed her baby's head. "Our little girl."

He knelt down in front of her so he was level with the baby. "You were right. I needed this. I already love her so much... It's affecting my way of thinking. I also love you Diana."

She looked up with adoration in her eyes. "You do?"

He blushed a little. "Yes I do. Please marry me? I don't want Luna to have seperated parents. I love you Diana. For the good of our child I'm willing to risk this. Please risk it with me." He asked softly.

She grinned. "I'd be honored to be Mrs. Bruce Wayne."

He leaned up and kissed her softly. "Thank you. Clark also wants us to bring Luna to the tower and introduce her to the team."

She frowned. "Maybe when she's a little bigger."

"Diana... She'll be fine." He reassured her. "They really want to meet our baby."

"Miss Diana? We just recieved word from your sister. She's given birth to twin boys. Their names are Halvern and Tobias." Alfred said leaning into the room. "Halvern and Tobias Jordan."

Her eyes got wide. "I am going to kill Hal."

Bruce smiled. "Alfred, ask them when they're bringing their babies to the tower to be introduced to the team. We'll bring Luna the same time."

"Yes Master Bruce."

He turned to Diana. "There. We're not the only team members who are parents."

"I can't believe the Green Lantern impregnated my sister... With twins no less! Twin BOYS! There haven't been boys born to Themiscurans in centuries... This is history."

He smiled. "Lay Luna down and let's go to bed. I'm tired and want some sleep."