Ohana

It took months of searching. V was getting worse. She was starting to amass a following... men who would destroy things to buy her food, shoot people who wouldn't rent to her... she was becoming a crime boss and Bruce was amazed, she was really good at it. She was smart. Strategy was her game. It was almost a whole year later... Luna would be three soon. In a year she would be in school and he was still trying to catch the woman that nearly exposed her a year prior! But he was finally closing in... word had it that she was living out of a warehouse down by the docks. He donned his bat suit and headed out to finally lock this crazy woman up. He drove up to the building and snuck inside. Hearing V yelling and shooting off a gun. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP OR ILL KILL YOU!" She screamed shooting the pistol into the air. She was hearing voices now? Great...

he came forward. "Veronica Vixen..."

"Call me V. Batsy." She smirked turning around. "Come to take me away?"

"Here to help you." He said simply, slowly approaching her.

Then he stopped. His hearing  perking up. Crying. A baby? No way her child lived... no way it survived pregnancy with her acting like this!

"SHUT UP YOU ANNOYING BRAT!" She screamed shooting at a crate against the wall.

He slowly walked over. "V?"

"Oh that thing? You can kill it for all I care. It makes too much noise. It would save me some trouble." She said rocking herself like a child.

Inside the crate was a baby no bigger than a newborn... scrawny from malnourishment and dirty... oil rags surrounding the child. This was her idea of caring for a baby? "When was this child born?"

"Uh... like two months ago? I feed it once a week so it don't croak." She sniffled watching him. "Whatcha want with it Batsy?"

"I want to take those child to a family that will love them."

She shrugged. "Fine. Do that then."

She really didn't care about this baby?! It appalled him. He lifted the infant out of the crate and signaled for Gordon. "V is down by the docks. Armed and dangerous. Need backup."

"On my way Batman." He heard in his comm.

He found a thin cloth that he could wrap the infant in. He went outside and met Jim. He told him that Veronica was just kind of... sitting there. Doing nothing. And after he made sure she was arrested he realized he would have to go home now...

"We can take the infant to the Gotham city home for boys." Jim said interrupting his thoughts.

"No." He said quickly. Too quickly. "I know who the father is. This child should have a chance at having one of his parents love him." He said as an excuse.

Jim looked at him skeptically. "Of course. Thanks for your help Batman. Gotham is a little safer tonight with that witch off the streets. Good luck with that baby."

He looked down. He would need all the luck he could get.

___

That night Bruce drove home with the sick little baby in his arms. He came up into the manor and qiuetly slunk into the kitchen... they had leftover formula from when Luna was little. That stuff NEVER expired... he quickly shook up a bottle and began to feed the little one while checking his vitals. "She never even named you... my son." He murmured.

"Bruce?" He turned to see Diana standing there in her nightgown. "Is that a baby?"

"We caught V... and found this little guy at her hideout. He needs help."

"And then you're putting him up for adoption right?" She asked a little stiffly. That was someone else's baby.

"But Di..." he frowned. "This is my son."

She looked ready to cry. "That you had outside of marriage. OUR marriage. Don't bother coming to bed Batman." She snapped angrily before storming away.

He held the baby close. He didn't know what to do now. This child needed help and he hadn't the foggiest on how to care for him... he didn't even have the proper paper work so he couldn't take him to a hospital. He woke Alfred gently hoping the old butler would have some knowledge that would be useful. Only that didn't go as intended either...

"You gave into BLACKMAIL?! She had your child?! Bruce Wayne! What in tarnation were you thinking?! That baby needs a mother and quite frankly a father that isn't going to sleep around because he feels slightly threatened! How dare you do this to Diana! That girl is the best thing that ever happened to you! Bruce! I could hit you I'm so angry right now! You could have at least told me of your affair BEFORE you brought home a baby that doesn't belong to your wife!" He yelled making Aiden whimper. He didn't really cry and that worried Bruce.

"I'm sorry Al... I..."

"Don't you 'I'm sorry Al' me! I hope you're good and pleased with yourself Master Bruce! Good night and good luck with that child!" He snapped slamming the door in his face.

Bruce had never felt so alone before. He gently rocked his son before heading into Luna's old nursery and laid him in the crib. "I'm so sorry little guy... Once you're healthy again I'll get you to a family that will really love and take care of you. Im afraid I'm not that guy... even though I really want to be." He sniffled before he left to get a hard drink. He came back in a few hours later though since Diana had locked their bedroom from the inside. The baby was fussing until Bruce picked him up. "Hush now... I'm here. Daddy loves you." He sighed, there was no coming back from this was there?

It took weeks and the child was still showing no signs of improvement physically. And Bruce was running on nearly no sleep constantly. He wasn't eating because he couldn't go near Alfred without having his head chewed off... his diet basically consisted of alcohol, liquor, and some protein bars he managed to smuggle out... he was hungry, beyond tired, and worried for his baby's health. He wasn't sure the little boy would survive much longer in this condition.

He didn't realize Diana was watching him... how hard he was trying to help the child. How the baby would cry whenever he was left alone and Bruce couldn't figure out what was wrong... how frustrated and tired he was... how thin he was... one night she was watching him try and put the child to bed and the baby would not stop crying... Bruce let a few tears fall before he finally snapped, dropping the baby in the crib a little roughly and yelled. "SHUT UP! I can't take it anymore! Just be quiet already! I! I! I just need some sleep! Just shut up! I'm already losing Diana! She's gonna leave and take Luna! I can't lose you too! Shut up!" He sobbed before he all but ran from the nursery in tears.

Diana stood there shocked before she rushed into the nursery to check on the baby. He was quiet but whimpering softly. His little limbs moving a little. He was probably in pain and scared from Bruce's screams. "Hush now little one... come here." She picked him up slowly. "You poor thing... look at your eyes! How could anyone, insane or not, let their poor little boy get so sick? You're a little fighter aren't you?" She cooed rocking and bouncing the small boy. "I think I shall call you Aiden. In my tongue it means warrior. And that's what you are. A fighter. You fight for life. I'm sorry I was so mean towards you and your daddy in the beginning. I was just upset that someone else beat me to giving your daddy a little boy to love. Someone who should never have had the chance. I promise things will be different now." She smiled. "You're my little boy now Aiden. I'll take care of you."

She called for Alfred to go make a bottle and get antibiotics so she could give the sickly child medicine and some food to help wash it down. Only Alfred wasn't the one to bring it to her... she looked up and saw Bruce holding the requested items. He looked so sick... her boys... she needed to take care of them now. "Bruce... I'm sorry."

"No... I am." He knelt in front of her. "Please forgive me. I want to come back... to be your husband again."

She smiled and ran her hand through his hair. "Only if Aiden can come with you."

"Aiden? You named him?" He asked with a tired smile.

She bit her lip and nodded. "I did. Do you mind?"

"Not at all." He said with a grin.

They were a family again. All of them. Baby Aiden included.