Chapter Fourteen: Peeping Tom

Ricky’s P.O.V.

            “Dammit.” I breathed as I tossed and turned in bed. My alarm clock read 3:48 am. Why couldn’t I get to sleep? I was usually always tired.

            But my thoughts had left me restless. I sat up in bed, rubbing my face. The moon had snuck into my room from the window, illuminating everything. It was like my light was still turned on.

            What was I going to do now? I wasn’t tired. I wasn’t hungry. I didn’t need to pee. I could call Chelsea over, but she’d make too much noise. She always did. I snickered.

            I got out of bed, slipped on some shorts and walked out into the hallway, still thinking of what to do. I could go watch some TV. No…that would wake up Mom and Dad. I could go draw on Charlie’s face. Nah, he always woke up. I smiled suddenly, turning to face Emma’s door. It stood vulnerably.

            I chuckled malevolently and creaked the door open, peering inside.

            Mom had really gone way out with her room…for the second time. Emma had finally leaked that her room had been trashed. I guess she’d gotten tired of sleeping on the ground and started complaining about her back. What a wimp. And, she even got a new laptop after we found hers days later completely destroyed in the trash compacter. She wept for hours; even had a funeral for it.

            I crept inside, sneaking over to her bed. It was hard to find her, but eventually I saw her body surrounded by pillow and blankets.

            Emma looked so peaceful when she slept. She had rolled up into a ball, clutching her knees to her chest. I tried not to stare too long at her revealing tank top. For a sophomore, she was seriously hot. I was surprised I hadn’t scoped her out earlier. But she wasn’t the type to put out so quickly. And now that we were “brother and sister”, I was all out of luck. Her breathing was slowed and, for once, her cheeks weren’t rosy like they got when she was around me.

            I decided to go through her stuff; it was the only thing to do to keep me from getting bored. I went through her drawers, where I found gum wrappers, school papers, Midol, books, CDs, markers, and other girly crap. There were no used condoms or birth control pills lying around. Either she cleaned up well, or she really was that reserved.

            I was at the last drawer when I finally found something. It was a plain looking journal. Aha! This had to be it. I quickly pulled it out and tabbed through the pages until I found the most recent thing written inside.

            Dear journal,

            Finally! We were getting somewhere. I’d finally hit the jackpot.

            Well, I finally got my room back in order. My back doesn’t hurt as much anymore. I’m starting to like living with the Stephens. Michelle and Henry are too sweet and Charlie is absolutely adorable!

            I rolled my eyes. And what about me, Princess?

            And then there’s Ricky. He’s a playing, STD-filled, lying, drunk, sick, perverted asshole who gives me the creeps!

            Humph. So that’s what she thought of me. I had to admit, I was a bit crushed. I was expecting some wild fantasy about how badly she wanted me.

            But, to be fair, he does have his moments. We hugged today for the first time. Super awkward. But I got through. He told me I smelled good. Is that good or bad? I also caught him talking about me at his party, which I didn’t attend. His “BFF”, James, told me. And don’t even get me started on James!

            Curiosity burned inside me as I read on. What about James? What had he done now?

            That weirdo had sex in my bed and I had to get him up. Then he flashed me!

            A burst of laughter left my mouth and I quickly froze, looking up at Emma. She was still sound asleep.

            But get this: he told me he was “falling for me”. NO JOKE. Maybe I’m reading too far into it, but what’s that supposed to mean? Does he…love me? No. No way! That means that’s Nate and James! Maybe Hailey was right; I am lucky! Until then, journal!

            The entry ended, but I kept staring at the page in shock. James had talked to Emma? I thought she’d just kicked him out and that was that. She hadn’t told me they’d talked. And what the hell did he mean by “falling for her”? He must just be leading her on. Just trying to get in her pants. There was no way…

            Emma stirred.

            I ducked from sight, watching her toss around.

            I silently set her diary back where I’d found it and darted of her room. I hopped back into bed, feeling suddenly tired.

            My thoughts flashed to our little moment in the kitchen this morning. Her embrace had been so genuine. Her against me had given me this strange feeling. Not like the usual with every other girl; it was different. I found myself yearning for it.

            I turned to my side, trying to get comfortable. As much as I hated it, Emma was on my mind. I couldn’t stop thinking about her blushes, her furious-as-a-kitten madness, her stubbornness, her body, her laughing blue eyes, and her full lips...the lips I’d once kissed.

            Whoa, whoa. Slow your roll. I could not get ahead of myself. I refused to let myself fall for this measly sophomore. One kiss didn’t mean anything. Hell, I was having sex with near strangers! And I had executed the kiss perfectly; Princess still didn’t even know who it was that had done it!

            I chuckled out loud and finally, drifted into sleep.

Lordy lord! This was excruciatingly painful to write as writer’s block was beginning to set in towards the end. But I made it out alive! Cheers! I don’t think I’m ever going to write in Ricky or any other’s boys POV. I feel like I made Ricky sound feminine, which is NOT good. Don’t forget to comment and vote! [: