Chapter Twenty Five: Taking Off the Mask (Part 2)

• Dedicated to To all my wonderful, patient readers. <3333

Hey, RWAP buddies! I’m soooo sorry it’s taken me so long to update. I’ve had a little bit of writer’s block, but it’s been cured. Unfortunately to cure it, I had to skip through all the thoughts of Emma’s and the rest of the time at the island and get right to the good part. I’ve got a deadline to meet! Anyways, enjoy! <3

            “That was actually kind of fun,” I said into Ricky’s ear as we cut through the water and back towards the lake house. “You should take me back again.”

            “Can do,” he replied.

            As the magnificent house came into view, a noise caught my attention. I turned around to meet two curious eyes staring back at me. They were on the back of their own Jet Ski and racing towards us at a dangerous speed.

            “Ricky!” I screeched, tightening my grip on him. “We’ve got company!”

            “What do you mean, company?” he asked, stomping on the accelerator. We shot through the lake, changing directions swiftly and away from the lake house.

            “There are two guys on our tail!” I shouted over the roar of the engine.

            Ricky sharply turned and the spray of the water spewed across us both. We were now facing the mysterious boys, who halted to a stop in the water. I eyed them both. They both looked familiar and it soon clicked that they sat at Ricky’s table at lunch. The driver was a tanned, muscle-y guy that looked like he spent way too much time out in the sun. He had this cocky kind of look to him that I immediately picked up. The other guy behind him was just as toned, but he had dark skin. They both eyed me curiously.

            “Hey, guys!” Ricky suddenly called and I looked up, bewildered.

            “What up, Rick? We thought we saw you,” the driver answered, then turned his attention to me. “But we didn’t expect to find you with a girl.”

            “Is this the infamous Emma we’ve heard so much about?” the passenger hollered.

            I blushed in response. The two of them hooted with laughter.

            “Emma,” Ricky cleared this throat. “This is Brennan,” he pointed at the driver. “And Markus.”

            So these were the two guys Ricky was always running off to meet? Well, they both seemed like a couple of assholes to me.

            “Nice to meet you,” I said timidly. I internally punched myself when I realized how stupid I sounded. And I wondered how even more ridiculous I looked; clutching to Ricky’s back in a scanty bikini. They probably thought I was just another one of his puppets.

            “So, Rick,” Markus spoke up. “Did you hear about the party that Brennan’s throwing tonight across the lake? Going to be badass. Drinks, music, and chicks. I’m going. You want to join?”

            “Yeah, dude. All the girls are easy so you’ll definitely score,” Brennan grinned.

            Was I just invisible to them? Did they not understand how rude it was to talk about scoring with stupid girls and getting wasted? The thought of jumping into the water and swimming back to the dock popped into my mind.

            “I don’t know,” Ricky hesitated. “I think my parents wanted this trip to be a family thing.”

            “Aw, come on!” Brennan complained. “You’re not turning into a pussy, are you?”