~Prologue~

Eyeing the view from my balcony, I took in the astonishing land masses around Skyhold. My brunette hair bobbed slightly as a soft wind blew, filling my nose with the sweet smell of mountain flowers. I closed my eyes for a moment, leaning against the banister as my body relaxed. Soft creaking behind me caught my attention as someone stepped onto the balcony behind me.

"June." The deep male voice whispered softly, chills running up my spine. 

"Hmm?" I purred softly, turning around to face the owner of the voice. My lips curled into a soft smile, seeing Cullen in front of me, his hand rested on the hilt of his sword. His eyes gleamed as he eyed me over softly, his scar moving as he smiled.

"Everyones packed and ready for the journey." A breeze snaked through his hair and pelted shoulders as he spoke. "I would prefer if you stayed here, but I assume there is no way to sway your opinion?" His smile faded as he lowered his gaze to the stone floor.

"No." I replied softly, taking a step closer. Placing my finger under his chin, I tilted his head up so his gaze was level with mine. The scruff on his chin pricked at my skin as our lips connected for a few moments, before we separated and gazed into each others eyes.

"Please be careful." His eyes filled with worry as they flicked back and forth from mine.

"Always am." I replied, stealing one last passionate kiss before grabbing my bags and leaving without another word.
~

A bitter wind blew as Dorian, Bull, Varic and I all trudged through the deep snow. We had been traveling the whole day and night was upon us as we made our way towards a small village. Closing the tavern door behind myself, I followed Varic as he made our arrangements for rooms, while Bull and Dorian ordered some drinks for all of us.

The tavern was quite full, almost every stool and table was taken. The fireplace burned vigorously, keeping everyone warm. I threw my things into my room, then headed back to the boys as they sat at a bare table, close to the bartender. Singing from a Bard carried over the muffled chatter, and occasional loud laugh, creating a peaceful atmosphere. Bull handed me my ale as I sat down next to Varic and Dorian.

"Are you excited?" Bull asked, practically vibrating in his seat.

"Hmm?" I hummed drinking some of the ale.

"To fight a dragon? They are such magnificent creatures! It is a great honour to be fighting along side you against one." He replied, a wide smile on his face.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied, nerves bubbling in my stomach as I thought about the coming battle. Bull's smile drooped slightly hearing my reply, but he perked up as soon as Dorian began talking with him.

"Hey, don't let Curly get your panties in a twist over one dragon. It will be fine." Varic smiled, nudging me slightly before taking a gulp of his ale. Dorian glanced over to Varic when he heard the mention of panties, giving me a suggestive knowing look about what went on between me and Cullen. I smiled, shaking my head in disbelief at his childish reaction.

"I know, he just worries to much." Replying, I took another sip of my ale.

"How are you and Curly?" Varic chuckled, turning to face me.

"Were doing fine. Its just hard to leave him, knowing that the whole time I'm gone he is left not knowing if I'm still alive or not." I replied, closing my eyes as I focused on the Bards singing. The female Elf sung of an old tale about the wardens, before the betrayal of King Calin. Her voice reflected the sensitive tale exquisitly, painting a clear image of what had happened.

After finishing the Ale, I headed to my room feeling groggy.
~

My eyes opened slowly to the sound of knocking on the thick wooden door.

"Who is it?" I muttered, my voice muffled by a scrunched up pillow.

"Bull, and its time to go." A deep voice replied from behind the door. Groaning I slid out of the bed, got suited up, then joined my party as we began our trek to Storm Coast.