~Chapter 2~

Bull helped bring my bags into my room, restating what honour he had taken in fighting that dragon, before leaving. One of the medics came in, and stitched up my shredded arm.

"Is the commander here? Or has he been sent out?" I asked through clenched teeth, holding back a well needed scream from the pain.

"He is in a meeting at the moment. It started just before you arrived." The female elf medic replied, focusing on the stitching as she spoken. I gave a small nod of understanding as I bit down on my upper lip as she sloshed water over the wound, finishing up. The large bowl that sat beside her was now red with my blood, no longer clear but cloudy.

"Thank you." I muttered letting out a huffed breath as she began to pack up her things.

"A pleasure Inquisitor, glad I could be of assistance." She replied with a smile before leaving my quarters without another word. I gingerly pulled a new shirt on, making sure not to catch the stitches on anything. After I started the fire place, I sat at my desk cleaning the tooth that I had got from the dragon. So far I had a small collection of various colours, sizes, and textures of scales in a small box on my desk, each from dragons that I had slain. Taking an old small jar, I placed the long sharp claw inside, being careful not to chip it. The freshly polished claw glimmered within the jar as I examined it. 'A great gift for Cullen' I thought, wrapping it in cloth. After setting the jar on my desk, I leaned back and closed my eyes, relaxing in the massive chair. Crackling of the fire soothed my mind further, the pain in my arm slowly fading. Metal clinking against stone became audible as someone made their way up the stairs leading to my quarters. The wooden door creaked open then closed as they entered, all sounds stopping. Opening one eye I saw Cullen standing near the door, eyeing me with a soft gaze. I smiled sitting up as he paced closer, a smile appearing on his face.

"Why didn't you tell me you were back? I have been worried sick." His soft voice held an eagerness as he spoke. Getting up slowly I met him in front of the desk, brushing my hand over his cheek.

"You were occupied and I didn't want to disrupt you." I replied in a teasing tone as he took my hand in his and nuzzled against it, kissing it softly.

"You wouldn't have. You are much more important than any meeting, and you know that." His voice lowering and becoming husky, causing chills to run up my spine. His nose brushed against mine as I crept backwards, bumping into my desk. He followed me, his soft gaze locked with mine. "I was so worried..." He whispered one hand placed on my hip and the other cupping my cheek as he leaned in and kissed me.

"You shouldn't have been." I replied, pulling away for a moment before sitting on the desk, smiling at him. A wild look appeared in his eye as he moved closer, locking lips with me once more. As he pressed against me, his armour poked at me but I didn't mind. Pulling away for air after a few moments, I rested my forehead against his. "Wow you must have missed me." I teased, smiling at him as my heart beat sped up. He chuckled, grasping my arms as he went to pull me into another kiss. Grimacing with a small Yelp I pulled my wounded arm away from him, confusion and worry reflected on his face as he eyed me.

"What's the matter? Did I hurt you?" He asked frantically, crouching slightly to look into my eyes as I wiped a falling tear away.

"No, I just got a scratch from the dragon." I replied, glancing to my arm where a small spot of blood soaked through the sleeve.

"May I see?" Cullen's voice cracked slightly as he eyed the blood spot. Nodding I slowly and gingerly rolled the sleeve up, exposing the three stitched up wounds. "Makers breath June! Why didn't you tell me, I could have accidentally ripped them out!" Raising his voice, he ran a gloved hand through his blond hair.

"Pshh, No." I waved an airy hand at him. "Plus I like when my Templar gets a little rough." I smiled, teasing him. He pursed his lips together trying to keep his serious composure, a glint in his eye betraying him.

"June..." He started, sighing as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Cullen..." I replied pouting playfully, tilting my head. A small smile curled the corner of his lips as he shook his head with a chuckle. I pulled him closer, locking lips with him. I could feel him smiling as we kissed, smiling myself.

"You should really go see Dorian and get that healed." He replied, pulling away, brushing a thumb over my cheek. I nodded, before grabbing the wrapped jar and handing it to him. Crinkles appeared on his forehead as his eyebrows scrunched together, looking down at the jar.

"It's for you." I smiled, standing up from the desk. As he began to unwrap it, I wandered over to the bags scattered on my bed, cleaning them out and putting things away.

"Thank you." Cullen whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, and kissing my neck.

"Your welcome." I smiled, placing my hands over his. Cullen let go of me, his boots clinking on the wood as he headed towards the door.

"I have to get back to the meeting, come get me if anything happens." He muttered, referring to my stitches as he left, not giving me a chance to persuade him to stay. I sighed, flopping down on my bed, closing my eyes relaxing. The pain in my arm ceased as I began to drift off into the fade, a smile stuck on my face as I thought about Cullen.
~

Pain shot through my arm as I opened my eyes, causing my body to jerk up. I moaned, covering my face with my hands as my hair fell messily to the side. Rubbing my eyes I let out a soft yawn before getting up and walking to the balcony, breathing the chilly fresh air. The sun had barely risen, a pink and orange glow stretching across the sky. After changing into fresh clothes, I made my way down to main hall to grab breakfast that was being served.

Munching on the grill cheese as I walked to the library, I noticed how much Skyhold had changed since we had first arrived. Curtains were neatly tied, statues, walls, floors, and ceilings were all fixed allowing the hold to look as if it had just been built. As I climbed the library stairs, I spotted Dorian sitting in a chair reading one of the scriptures from off the shelf. Keeping my footsteps silent, I hid behind a wall where I was completely hidden, only poking my head around the corner. His eyes scanned the scripture quickly, his focus kept his eyes locked on the words not allowing him to notice me.

"Dorian!" I yelled, still peaking around the corner of the bookcase. Dorian jumped, his hands raising over his head as the book sailed across the room, landing in front of me. His expression held terror for a few seconds, until he realized what had happened. I burst out laughing as his eyes locked on me, a smile tugging at his lips. "You should have seen yourself!" I bent over trying to catch my breath, but I was laughing too hard to. His reaction replayed in slow motion in my head, as I tried to regain my composure.

"Ha ha ha." Dorian muttered, shaking his head. "You should see yourself. Your red as a tomato." Chuckling, he got up to retrieve his book. "Oh dear, I've lost my page. I shall never know what happens to the Mage and his qunari lover." Dorian pouted jokingly.

"Aww." I laughed, wiping tears from my eyes as I finally stopped laughing. Dorian chuckled once more, then motioned to the wounds on my arm.

"May I?" He muttered glancing up to me. I gave a nod, as he rolled up my sleeve. Eyeing the wound he traced his fingers along it, pushing slightly. I tried not to squirm as pain threatened to make me tear up, biting my lip so I wouldn't scream. "Sorry darling." He muttered seeing the tears. I could feel the deeper parts of the wound lacing together, along with the rest of it as he ran his finger over it once more. Three nasty white scars appeared on my skin as the wound completely healed.

"Thank you." I smiled to Dorian as he gave a small nod. Taking a letter opener from the small coffee table that stood beside the reading chair, I cut the stitches out, and tossed them into a near by garbage. Thanking Dorian once more and bidding him luck on finding out what happens in his scripture, I headed to the war table to check out how all the expeditions were going.