~Chapter 3 ~

My fingers slipped around a tight chain that rested on my hips, unclipping it and letting it drop to the floor. Bull laughed surprised as I pushed on with the exercise, giving him a run for his money. He threw a wooden sword at me, then lunged at me, gripping his own tightly. Catching the sword, I dodged his attacks, then pushed him back with some of my own. Dorain lay not far from us, on his belly in the tall grass. His feet were risen in the air and his head rested in his hands as he watched us, a smile on his face. After a few minutes of combat training, Bull and I retired under a tree to relax. Dorian followed, clutching to Bulls side as he sat down leaning against the tree. Glancing over and seeing the two nose to nose, I thought it best to leave them alone.

"Im going for a walk, see you guys later." I waved with a smile, getting up and going to my quarters.
~

Pulling on a thick robe, I made my way towards the side exit in Skyhold. Since the breach had been closed and Corypheus had been deafeated, I hadn't had the time to take a relaxing walk without demons attacking me. My pace slowed as I neared the exit, my hand barely grazing the door as someone called to me.

"June!" Cullen called as he jogged toward me, his armour clanking as it bounced softly. Turning around I smiled, waving. "Were are you going?" He asked, smiling as he stopped in front of me.

"Just out for a walk." I replied, straightening the front of my robe.

"May I join you?" My eyebrow raised at his request, a line of pink appearing on Cullen's face at my reaction.

"Are you sure you can slip away?" I teased playfully, as I smirked.

"Yes." He chuckled, shaking his head before following me out.
~

Snow crunched under our feet as we walked, a soft breeze blowing. I glanced beside me towards Cullen, seeing his gaze was already settled on me. Smiling, I laced my fingers with his as he did the same. We walked in silence for a few minutes before an older woman approached us, requesting to speak with Cullen. Leaving Cullen to speak alone with the woman, I leaned against a tree eyeing the view of Cullen. His posture was very tight and formal as the woman inquired about her son joining the soldiers that he comanded. As the woman left, I scooped up some snow, making it into a ball, and threw it at Cullen. It exploded on impact, a look of confusion on his face as he turned around. I stuck my tongue out teasingly at him as he smiled and made his way towards me. I jogged away from him when he got close, giving him a daring look.

"You want to play?" Cullen laughed, slowing his pace as he examined me.

"Maybe." I blew him a kiss before darting behind a large tree. I listened for his footsteps, moving trees when he was too close. After a while the footsteps had stopped, and I was beginning to wonder if he had given up.

"Cullen?" I called stepping out from behind the tree, glancing around to try to find him. The only sound was that of the trees swaying softly, and the soft singing of birds. Arms wrapped around my waist as I let out a scream, smiling as I heard the familiar husky voice of Cullen in my ear.

"Got you." He whispered, kissing my neck. I spun around to face him, looking into his daring eyes. A wild glimmer in them intrigued me as I pulled him into a kiss. He paced backwards slowly as I followed him, not breaking the kiss. His hands trailed up my hips and onto my waist as he continued backwards. Breaking for air, he gasped as he stumbled backwards, pulling me down with him wearing an entertained smile.

"Are you ok?" I sat up, realizing I was seated on his hips.

"Never better." He chuckled, pulling me back into the kiss. His arms wrapped around my waist as he pulled me against him, deepening our kiss. My heart began to beat faster as his hands began to slowly explore my lower back. I pulled him on top of me, hearing the crunch of snow beneath us. Cullen pressed against me as my legs wrapped around his waist, I gasped as his armour poked at my legs.

"Cullen..." I breathed, breaking from the kiss gasping for air, as his lips assaulted my neck with sloppy kisses. Closing my eyes I felt chills run through my body making me blush. My fingers combed through his hair as he continued to kiss my neck, before his lips connected with mine once more. My legs dropped to his sides as he slowly began to push his waist against me, reality striking me as I remembered where we were. I slowly broke the kiss, holding his head in my hands as we looked into each others eyes. I giggled seeing the deep blush across his cheeks, bitting my lip as I eyed him. "I didn't mean to tease you, but we cant do this here." I muttered in a hushed voice, running a hand through his hair.

"I hate to admit it, but your right." He chuckled, shaking his head softly as he smiled. Sitting up, his shining eyes examined me. Brushing snow off of my robe, I leaned in beside his ear.

"My quarters would be an appropriate place for this... activity." I whispered softly, nipping his earlobe, before getting up and walking towards Skyhold. He was silent for a few moment, obviously taking in the information, before jumping up and trailing behind me.
~
Cullen returned to the training area where his soldiers were, while I headed to the stables to see how the inquisitions pure bred foals were doing. A smile spread on my face as I thought of the sensation of Cullen's lips against mine. How even the slightest touch of him sent chills throughout my body. I hoped that I would see him after, but knew it was unlikely to happen, due to how busy he was with everything. But a part of me knew that he would ensure our private time would be soon.