~Chapter 1~

Rain poured down heavily as we trekked through the thick forest, feeling relieved as we finally found a stone path. Holding my hood over head, I lead my party towards an open area on the bank. Crashing waves struck the stones beside us as we walked, strong winds picking up as the storm worsened.

"Where is this damned dragon?" I growled stopping on the bank, stones clinked under my knee high leather boots. My body tensed for a moment as a horrific screech echoed through the bank, a loud flapping sound caught my attention. Massive dark wings peeked out from the fog that loomed over the water. From behind me, Bull began to laugh, clenching his fists at his side.

"Yes! Finally!" Bull yelled out, raising his usually low voice. Glancing back to him I couldn't help but smirk. We made our way to a large boat on the shore, pushing it into the water to follow the dragon. The waves crashed against the sides of the boat, sending everyone into the air for a few moments. Holding tightly to my weapons, I steadied myself, not wanting to go for an early swim. The massive purple, white, and yellow dragon roared from above us, her dark eyes locked on us as we floated along. Purple electricity spewed from the dragon's mouth, as it saw us and flew towards a nearby island. The electricity hit the water, sending a pulse of energy through it. The sides of the boat crackled as the electricity burnt the wood. We pursued the dragon to the island, dragging the boat onto the shore as we landed. Another cry echoed through the island, signifying that we were in the right place. We began trudging through the island, before soft clicks and squeaks began. I slowed my pace as the sound grew louder and more frequent, before we slowed our pace to a complete halt. Dorians moustache twitched as he looked around curiously.

"I believe we are being watched." His voice was soft as he crept up to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. Giving a slight nod, I pulled out my daggers getting ready for a fight. Slowly I crept toward the bushes as everyone else got their weapons out and ready. Glancing back I gasped as a scaly body smashed into mine, knocking me off my feet. Looking down trying to catch my breath, I realized I was nose to nose with a dragonling. It snorted, taking in my scent before it began to growl. Bringing my leg under it, I kicked it off me and barrel rolled away as Bull swung at it. As the hit connected, it let out a scream of agony. Bushes rustled around us as a dozen dragonlings stormed out and began attacking us. We fought in unison, protecting each others weak spots, pushing our attackers away from our tight circle. The bloody corpses surrounded us after a few minutes, causing a nauseating smell of clotting blood to arise. Wiping the blood off our weapons, we continued our trek through the island. Within moments we were stumbling over skeletons of the dragons unfortunate prey.

"Stay wary, were close." I muttered, cautiously making my way through a short tunnel that lead to a large area within moments we were on the other side examining the view. Loud growling caught my attention as I stepped out of the tunnel. Looking above me, I saw the massive female Vinsomer clutching to a large rock above the tunnel entrance. Barrel rolling, I dodged her grasp as she pounced trying to catch me.

Bull stood at the entice, holding everyone back until it was safe to proceed. Taking cover behind a low rock, Bull charged at her, thrusting his axe deep into her hip after Dorian castes a dazing spell to keep her in place. She let out a scream, then turned to swipe at Bull. Taking the small window they had created for me, I held my daggers tightly and swiped at the Achilles' tendon of her back left leg. She screamed out again, losing her balance from lack of support on her rear left side. Her massive tail wiped around wildly as she tried to regain her balance. I slashed again, making sure I had completely severed it, ensuring that we had at least a small advantage. Dorian threw a few fire balls at her while she struggled, her scaly skin becoming slightly singed. Her massive wings opened up as she took flight, knocking both Bull and I off her feet. She soared away, but looped back around with incredible speed, pure rage in her dark eyes.

Her mouth opened wide as electrical currents spewed out, the distance between us closing rapidly. I dodged, ending up away from the rest of my party. Her claws opened up as she began to land, coming straight for me. Varic shot a bolt into her wing just as she landed, her back left leg dragging behind her. She lunged at me, her claw catching the leather armour that hugged my right arm. Her claw slid under the armour, completely stripping my arm of its armour, shredding my skin just bellow my shoulder. Throwing myself away from her to avoid further damage I whimpered in pain as Bull and Varic began vigorously attacking her. The dagger I held began slipping out of my grasp, pain ripped through the muscles in my arm as I tensed trying to tighten my grip.

"Severed the muscle..." I growled to myself, clenching my teeth as I tied a tight price of leather above the bleeding wounds. The dragon screamed out as Bull hacked at its legs, causing it to fall to its stomach. Running over I aided in disabling it further, before making the final blow. My longer dagger sunk deep into its skull, as the shorter one helped me keep my balance by sticking it in the side of its cheek. She let out one final roar, before her head slacked to the side and the life drained out of her. Dorian ran over, helping to steady me as I lost my balance. Hey sat me down on the ground, stopping the bleeding with magic, but the wound was too deep for him to heal completely from his lack of energy. Varic wrapped my arm up as Bull spoke words of encouragement, soon going on and on about the pleasure that the battle had given him. After my arm was wrapped up, I collect a tooth, a nail, and a scale from the dragon we had slain before we headed on our way.