~Chapter 6~

Lilliana and Josephine insisted on being the ones to help pick out a dress that I would wear to the ball. They dragged me through countless stores, making me try on hundreds of dresses. I was almost positive I had tried on every single dress in Ferelden. But at the end of the day I was ready to attend the ball not only as a nobel, but as the inquisitor.
~

The corset hugged snuggly to my skin, making it hard to breath when I slouched or bent over. Before the inquisition, I had been accustom to the nobles lifestyle. But after a few years of slacking off with cotton shirts and armour, it was hard to believe that noble women wore this regularly. The strapless dark blue dress was long and silky, puffing out around my hips due to a metal frame that hung from my waist. Black and white beads decorated the waist and chest piece of the dress, casting flattering shadows where they were welcome. The back consisted of see through black lace that exposed most of my back, complimenting my lighter skin tone. Most of the men from the Inquisition where already attending the party, making me a bit self conscious of what might be said when they saw me. Black heels stayed concealed for the most part, unless my strides were long.

As we entered the ball, we were introduced one by one. Walking down the centre of the hall made my heart flutter, knowing everyone was watching. I would prefer armour over a dress any day, but it was mandatory for me to attend and dress for the occasion. As soon as my introduction was finished, I quickly made my way towards Bull and Dorian. Both of their eyes were locked on me as Bulls jaw dropped, and Dorian stood there smiling at me.

"You look astonishing..." Dorian comented, his eyes dazling. I smiled shyly glancing to Bull who was practically drooling. Dorian took notice and snapped Bull back into focus. "Don't forget who you came with." Dorian muttered raising an eyebrow as he shot a glance to Bull.

"Sorry, but you clean up well Inquisitor." Bull replied practically picking his jaw up off the floor, glancing at Dorian with a deep chuckle.

"Thanks. Have you two seen Cullen anywhere?" I laughed, glancing around shyly.

"He went out for some air. You know how he is at events like this." Dorian replied, leaning against Bull.

"Alright thanks." I smiled, making my way towards the nearest exit to the court yard. A man with wolf-like mask stepped in front of me. He bowed before taking off his mask, exposing his handsome features. His short dark hair was pushed up in the front, and his blue-grey eyes shone as he smile at me. He was slightly older than me by the deep tone of his voice, but not by much.

"Lady inquisitor. I am humbled to meet you. You are a stunning woman, my family supports your cause with great honour." Straightening out, he was about half a head taller than me, and had a fair toned torso from what I could make out under his nobel atire. His dark suit complimented him in many ways, but mostly his eyes as it brought out the grey colour within them. Bowing back, I smiled up to him.

"Thank you, we appreciate that greatly." He smiled as I spoke, keeping his gaze locked with mine.

"I am of the Labnim family. But you may call me by my first name, Blake. May I have the pleasure of dancing with you?" His tone expressed his place within the several noble families. From his posture and attitude he was part of the higher class of noble's associated with the political affairs within the kingdoms. I stood frozen for a moment deep in thought, before nodding. He gently grasped my gloved hand, leading me towards the centre of the hall where many nobles were dancing. Placing his hand cautiously on my waist, he took my hand into his with the other, slowly easing me into a formal dance. Glancing around I noticed mostly everyone else that was around us was doing the same slow paced dance, all the male nobles wore their animalistic masks. Eyeing Blake, he wore no mask, it dangled from his neck as he danced with me.