~Chapter 10~

It had been a week now since I had found out, and I still hadn't broke the news to Cullen yet. Every morning it was the same routine of getting sick as soon as my eyes opened. I couldn't exactly hide the fact that I got sick every morning since I woke up beside Cullen everyday, but I had successfully convinced him I had caught a bad flu. On the bad days, Rex would always stay cuddled beside me, helping me get through the morning. Cullen had to go fill out some reports, and left shortly after sunrise. When I felt better, I collected some things and strode into town with Rex to buy some baby clothes. I had convinced myself that sometime today I would tell Cullen, even if I was scared of what his reaction would be. He had a right to know.
~

Holding the bag closely to my side, I began the walk back to Skyhold with Rex.

"Excuse me!" I turned hearing a woman calling. She strode over to me, a young toddler in her arms. "Do by any chance know how to get to Skyhold?" Her dirty blond hair was pulled to the side in a messy fish tail braid, light blond streaks highlighted through out the thick braids. Her blue eyes shone as she eyed me. The little girl she held resembled her almost exactly, except for the little girls beaming green eyes.

"Yes. Im currently heading there now, would you like to join me?" I smiled, hushing Rex as he whined seeing the little girl, shaking his butt excitedly wanting to play.

"Makers breath that would be great!" The woman smiled, accompanying me back to Skyhold. "Thank you so much." She muttered, holding the toddlers hand as we entered Skyhold.

"Please, make your self at home, we have plenty of room. I also recommend you try the deserts that the cooks prepare after meals. They are delightful." I smiled, pointing towards the main hall. She gave a nod, smiling before she led the toddler away, exploring Skyhold as if searching for something.
~

It was dark before I had finally decided to call it a night. I had been helping the gardeners in the court yard plant the various herbs that we would use when they matured. Bounding up the stone steps, I headed towards Cullen's office, where he worked tirelessly on various reports that came in. Stopping at the door, I listened as a woman was yelling softly.

"You could have at least sent a letter or something! We care for you very much, don't you think that was a bit unfair?" There was slight ruffling sounds before I heard Cullen speak.

"I didn't think it would matter, you are always so busy and I didn't want to pester you with things like this." His voice was muffled, but I could make out the slight irritation within it. I slowly opened the door, sliding in, all eyes were on me as I turned around and faced them. Cullen stood behind his desk, rubbing the back of his neck. Off to the side of the room stood the woman I had led to Skyhold, her stern face softening as she saw me.

"Sorry I-" I started but was cut off by Cullen waving an airy hand at me. The woman crossed her arms over her chest, a soft glare on her face.

"Don't your servants know when to wait outside?" Her bitter words enraged me, my eyes narrowing at her.

"Excuse me?!" My face burned with anger as I strode closer to her, Cullen running over to me and grabbing me before I could reach her.

"Calm down dear." He whispered, hugging me tightly, glancing back to the other woman.

"Who do you think you are? Striding in here like you own the place, demanding people around!" My voice rose as shock appeared on the woman's face.

"I happen to your Knight Commanders sister." She replied with a smirk, figuring she had me beat. "And who might you be?" Her voice no cheery.

"Cullen's wife." My words were harsh as my temper still held me captive. "Not to mention the Inquisitor." Horrific fear appeared on her face as her eyes widened and she covered her mouth.

"Forgive me!" She now pleaded, falling to her knee's in front of me.

"I'll have to think about it." I muttered, feeling Cullen's chest vibrate as he chuckled.

"Darling..." He released me, shaking his head smiling.

"You should rethink your interdictions." Shooting a glance to his sister, I looked up to him, butterflies rising I my stomach as I remembered my reason for coming to him. "I need to speak with you... Alone." My voice was now soft, his eyes holding concern. Eyeing me for a moment, he nodded dismissing him and myself from his sister, and lead me outside.
~

The wind blew softly, chilling my heated body, Cullen stoping in front of me.

"What was it you needed to talk about?" His soft voice held worry, holding my hand in his.

"I-I." My words caught in my throat as I squeezed his hand gently, trying to ind the words. Swallowing hard a let out a deep breath and replied, "I'm pregnant..."