~Chapter 7~

We entered the main hall of Skyhold in a cluster of wired dresses, and noble starched suits. Cullen hung his head, Cassandra continuing to scold him. Pacing up to him, I grabbed his hand and lead him to my quarters. As soon as we entered the room and the door was closed, he began pacing around the room apologizing over and over.

"June, I am so sorry. Please forgive me!" Running his hands roughly through his hair, he sat on the edge of my bed, covering his face. I attempted to sit beside him, but my dresses wire frame held stiff, not allowing me to. I stood in front of him, taking his hands in mine.

"It wasn't your fault, don't worry. I've been through worse." I smiled at him, trying to make him feel better. He looked up to me, guilt in his eyes. He gave a small forced smile, trying to cheer up. Pulling him to his feet, I turned my back to him. "You mind?" I muttered softly, referring for him to help me undo my corset. I smiled, taking a deep breath as the corset loosened, allowing me to breath normally. Thumping up the stone stairs caught my attention, as barking began. I opened the door, kneeling down to hug Rex. He wiggled in my arms, whimpering with excitment.

"He's gotten big." Cullen chuckled from behind me, watching the two of us. Rex looked past me, his ears drawing back into sharp daggers. He barred his teeth, barreling towards Cullen.

"Rex!" I screamed, just missing his harness. Rex pounced on Cullen, pinning him on the floor, growling and drooling repulsivly. "Get off him! Now!" I yelled, pointing beside me. Rex obeyed hesitantly, still growling as he sat beside me. I helped Cullen up, then began scolding Rex. He whimpered, crawling to his bed, before curling up on it. "Sorry." I laughed, looking to Cullen who was a few shades paler.

"Happy to meet you to." Cullen chuckled, brushing himself off. I smiled walking over to him, grabbing onto his arm, and walking him to Rex.

"This is Cullen, he's going to be your dad soon." I smiled, holding Cullen's hand to Rex's nose, letting him smell it. Rex growled, glaring to Cullen. "He will learn." I smiled to Cullen, kissing his cheek. A knock at the door startled all of us, as Krem walked in.

"Your back Inquisitor." Krem smiled, looking from me to Cullen. "Did I interrupt something?" A small smirk appearing on his face as he eyed my underclothing meant for the dress.

"No, just making Rex familiar to  Cullen." I blushed slightly, feeling Cullen squeeze my hand softly.

"Uh hu..." Krem chuckled, motioning to Rex.  "The training went well, he is a very quick learner."

"Thanks for taking him out." I replied in a cheery voice, smiling at him. Krem nodded, walking to the door.

"Ill leave you two alone." He waved, closing the door behind him.

"Should we tell everyone the news?" Jumping on the bed, I stretched out with a groan.

"News?" Cullen smiled, laying beside me.

"That we are soon to be married? Have you forgotten already?" I smiled, intertwining my fingers with his.

"Of course not! How could forget that I'm marrying the love of my life?" He smiled, squeezing my hand softly. "Im not certain they will be pleased with our news..." He spoke softly, shifting uncomfortably as Rex pushed his way between us.

"Im not to sure about that." I laughed, scratching Rex behind his ear. Rex panted, laying his head on my chest, slowly falling asleep. Cullen smiled, petting Rex softly, urning a small growl. He pulled away as at the aggressive response, shooting me a glance. "He'll get over it." I whispered, closing my eyes and falling asleep.