Chapter 2

The story is dedicated to Romaiza. She's an amazing friend and an amazing writer! Please do all yourselves a favour and check out her story, Numb. Trust me, you'll become physically numb while your mind will rage beyond belief with all possible human emotions after reading her story! NO KIDDING!
___________________________________________

A few days later I was sat in front of the TV, as I sipped on tea and tried to concentrate on the documentary being shown. It was about dolphins... or was it pandas? Well it had something to do with animals and that much I was sure of. After all, what else would they show a documentary about on Animal Channel?

Anyways, back to the thoughts occupying my mind which were quite successfully diverting my attention from the adorable pandas. Or maybe they were whales...?

"San?" I called out to my sister to vent.

A few seconds passed before I turned around to glare at her for ignoring me, only to find her fully submerged in a book.

Oh dear, sister of mine.

I grabbed the nearest cushion and aimed it straight for her beautiful, little, piggy face.

"Ow!" Sandra turned around, completely oblivious to her surroundings as she tried to find for the assailant who had dared to break her moment with her book. Finally her eyes settled on me. "You!" She raised her finger at me and screeched, "Why would you do that?"

"Because I had been trying to gain your attention for awhile, and the cushion attack had come to me as a last resort." I smiled sweetly in the end for added effect.

Sandra huffed and puffed but then sat her book down and glared at me. "Why were you trying to gain my attention?"

"Right," I began, smiling triumphantly, "I was wondering..."

"Oh here we go again," groaned Sandra. "Your over-analysing brain is back in business again, isn't it?"

"Would you just shut up and actually listen to me? Something really is the matter!"

Sandra motioned with her hands for me to go on.

"Right, So I have been wondering about my accident."

Sandra froze for a second before replying, "Yeah, what about it?"

"Well I lost four years' worth of memory, San. And I completed my degree during that time and what not." I sank further down into my seat on the couch. "But what bothers me the most is that didn't I make any friends during that time? Anyone who would be even remotely interested to check up on me since the last five years after the accident? I mean I couldn't have been that big of a social pariah, you know."

A frown settled on my face while I waited for the welcomed comforting words of my sister. 

And I waited.

Finally I looked up and saw her lost in her own world of thoughts. "San," I raised my hand to throw another cushion just as she broke out of her haze.

"Yeah right, uh, sorry. I just, yeah. What were you saying?" she stammered through her sentence.

I frowned, "My friends, San, and my life! Didn't I have any in those four years? I mean," I threw my hands up in the air to show my frustration, "four years, San! Four! That's a long time."

Sandra shifted closer and opened her arms for me. I gladly obeyed and cuddled into her small frame as she lovingly stroked my hair, "Em, I don't know what happened to you during those four years. Neither did our parents. You were..." she searched for the correct word and then spoke again, "You were a bit distant in that time. You had that just-in-her-twenties-gonna-take-up-on-the-world phase, ya know. You kept your distance to discover yourself and we obliged to your wishes."