Chapter 10

Hey guys. This chapter is dedicated to JarelleAl exander for being a solid supporter of this story. You rock, man! ❤❤

Also, please read my best friend FiaMayim's new story titled "Teddy Bear". It's a really emotional piece and will maximum take you five minutes to complete. Though I won't bet on how horribly your heart will bleed and break after being done with reading it, that part depends on you and her. xD
BUT, PLEASE READ IT! I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE IT! YOU WILL!!!
___________________________________________

Voicemail of 2nd April' 2015

07:32 p.m.

"Hey, love. It's been quite some time, huh? A month I guess... wow.

"I'd say time flew by fast but that would make me an absolute liar, because in reality every single second has drawled on to feel like hours."

He sighed, making me think that he was sad again. In his defence though, who in his situation wouldn't be sad and frustrated? Then however, he laughed a little.

I hadn't realised how desperately I had been missing that warm laugh of his until then.

"For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to contact every person that we, your parents and us, were friends with. Someone had to have some clue as to what had happened, you know.

"And so today I finally found that someone, Ems. Remember Mr. Arnolds, your dad's school friend? It was him. I went to see him in his office today. He was shocked to see me, to say the least. And then he just bear-hugged me! I'm not kidding; he most absolutely did do that! Ugh. Not one of my most treasured memories.

"But then soon after that he became all serious and apologetic. And then he gave me this...this package that your parents had left with him for me, instructing him to give it to me if I were to ever come to him for help.

He took a deep breath, having spoken the last few sentences in one single inhale, and then continued.

"And now I have some news for you. It's kind of bittersweet, but then I always did like odd flavours and bittersweet fits quite nicely I guess.

"So, the sweet part is that I now know where you are-"

He laughed breathily.

"-and I've never been happier to know of an address in my whole life! The fact that very soon I'll finally be seeing your beautiful face again is overwhelming. Seriously, love, my breathing still hasn't returned to its normal rate, and I don't think that it will anytime soon."

I couldn't help but smile at this, even though I knew that I had no memories of him and that I wouldn't have recognised him; because same as his laugh, his happiness was just contagious like that – at least to me it was.

Realising a second too late that he had stopped talking, the smile slowly started to melt from my face.

Why had he stopped talking?

It was then I remembered him saying that his news was bittersweet – he was now gathering up the courage to tell me the bitter part. Instantly dread filled every inch of my body, making my skin crawl as goose pumps appeared on it.

"Now comes the bitter part: I also know why you weren't there when I woke up; why nobody would tell me anything about you and; why... why you still aren't replying to my voicemails."