Chapter 16

The chapter is dedicated to loginwithya for the immense support! All my love goes out to you, my friend! ❤❤

And as for the rest of my beautiful earthly friends, please don't forget to VOTE and comment so that I know that you exist. :)
___________________________________________

Voicemail of 29th July' 2015

11:03 a.m.

"Good morning, Emma."

He was a little out of breath and there was distant chatter in the background so I was taking that he must have been out in the streets then.

"I'm sure you had an amazing birthday, at least I'd like to think that you did and I'm quite certain of my guesswork regarding you by now. Also in case you were wondering about the noises in the background then I'll let you know that I'm out and about in the bustling little city of Lincoln at the moment."

Ah so he was out on the roads then, I amusingly mused to myself. He wasn't the only one whose guesswork had gotten polished to a good degree.

"By now, love, I think it goes without saying what I'm doing roaming around the town before it's even noon."

He chuckled lightly and my lips started to curve upwards... Started though, because I instantly zipped them back down with full force, annoyed with my own self for daring to smile at his actions. No, no smiling.

"So yeah, I was stalking you. I say was because you've already gone back to your cosy flat. Though I will say that I was more than just happy to see you today,"

His ambiguous statement confused me. Why? What was so special about that day?

I racked my brain for any interesting or out-of-the-ordinary events that might have taken place the day following my birthday last year, but sadly I came up short. A frown appeared on my face and I sent a silent prayer upwards to not hear any more unsettling news. I was almost a hundred percent sure that I'd gladly chuck the phone at the wall with all my strength if such a case were to happen. Right now I had more than the safe amount of anger coursing through me and it was already hard enough to contain it without blowing apart at a certain someone sitting in the same house as me.

"See, thing is, Ems, that I've turned into quite a love-sick puppy and so I couldn't help myself but leave a gift for you on your birthday."

There was half bits amusement and half bits shyness in his tone but I took close to none note of that; I was too busy trying to keep a steady flow of oxygen in and out of my lungs since breathing had become just that bit more hard.

He couldn't. He wouldn't! Would he?

"Now don't take this the wrong way, love. I wasn't scouring through every shop in here, looking for that one perfect gift for you. No, not at all was it like that. What happened was more of an uh... destined event than anything else actually."

He chuckled nervously, making it obvious that he was afraid as to whether or not I would be considering him a nincompoop in the future. To be fair though, I wasn't that much far from thinking of him along the same lines.

"I was just minding my own business, strolling down the shopping street with a cup of freshly bought tea in my hand when this guy just came out of nowhere and crashed into me. Of course this resulted in the loss of my much beloved tea and I was just about to sing a string of profanities for the guy-"