Chapter 12

This chapter is dedicated to one of my favourite authors on wattpad! Guys, I kid you not, check out her paper weight series and you'll DIE with love for Nico and Zoe!! ❤❤
___________________________________________

Voicemail of 7th April' 2015

09:27 a.m.

"Good morning, Emma."

He slurped something and then gulped it down.

"Ah, the wonders a finely made black tea can do for you. Fancy some?

"Actually, never mind love. I just remembered you prefer hot chocolate to tea."

I rolled my eyes, and he chuckled.

"A steaming cup of hot chocolate with frosted cream and cinnamon, correct? A rather odd choice, I always used to tell you."

My eyes went wide and my face heated up to about a hundred degree Celsius. 'A very special and beautiful girl I used to know liked her hot chocolate this way. So, I thought you'd like it too.' he had said to me earlier today.

I covered my face, internally screaming at the blush to fade at least a single shade, but the action only lit me up further. That blasted, sneaky arse of a man had been calling me beautiful to my face! To my face!

"And you always scrunched up your nose in disgust and mock horror at me while cradling your cup of cocoa like a baby.

"Hmm... such good old days,"

I smiled sadly then, pitying myself for not remembering one single thing about our assumingly perfect and happy life.

"But more to come of those in the future, I'm sure!"

Silence filled the speaker and I took the time to compose my flustered self. I didn't even know him, and yet such small and subtle actions on his part held the power to curl my toes and burn me up to the darkest shades of red.

"Anyways, you know I wasn't fooling around when I said Richard and Amentia had chosen the perfect place to send you. I mean, I'm standing here and at this time the weather is a bit cloudy. It's not dreary-cloudy though, no it's more like a happy-sappy kind of cloudy day.

"Every now and then the sun peeks through and bathes everything with a few shy rays. Then the wind is blowing lightly and it's not too cold, neither too warm; in fact, this reminds me so much of home, you know? Our home,

"You always used to love these kind of days and you'd force me to go out and walk around the city with you. We'll stroll past parks and shops and eat random stuff from the vendors. Whenever the wind would pick up speed, you'd cuddle into me almost involuntarily and I'd smile down at your oblivious self."

He laughed that warm and melodious laugh again, warming up my insides to a much more pleasurable temperature.

"God you're so cute!

"And you used to call me an 'amazing/adorable dork'. Me. Like, did you even notice your own self? How ridiculously and yet marvellously alluring-"

"Uh excuse me, but where do you want this?"

"Oh uh... just put it up that wall, if you would?

"Yes, yes right there. Thank you."

I bit my lip and knit my brows in confusion. Who was he talking to?