3: Kakashi

Kakashi POV:

I woke up from that bastard Itachi's Mangekyo Sharigan. Even with my years of ANBU I barely kept my sanity through that.

"Hey, Kakashi, how are you feeling?" Guy said sweetly.

The events that had taken place before had just gotten back to me. I started panicking. "Where's Naruto?!" I said in a demanding tone.

"Naruto is fine; he's with Jiraiya." Asuma replied.

"But Kakashi, Sasuke heard about who Itachi was after and ran away before anyone could stop him" Guy added carefully, attempting to give his rival the news without him going crazy.

That was enough for me. I threw my bedcovers off of me and was preparing to jump out the window when Sasuke burst through the door panting. I wasted no time approaching him. I kneeled down to his level and placed both of my hands on his shoulders.
"Sasuke. Where's Naruto? Is he safe?"

Once Sasuke stopped panting enough to speak he started talking.

"He's with *pant* Jiraiya. *pant* Itachi *pant* got to him. *pant*"

He didn't. He wouldn't. How. Dare. Itachi. He was going to suffer.

"What did he do, Sasuke?" I asked, killing intent visible.

"He beat him up really bad. *pant* Jiraiya said that he used Mangekyo Sharigan. *pant*"

My fists clenched and Kurenai grabbed Sasuke and pulled him back away from me.

"Let's go" she whispered as she guided Sasuke out of the room.

Guy and Asuma stayed behind and gently told me "Kakashi, we're all very sorry but you can't go storm out of the village to hunt down Jiraiya and then kill Itachi. Knowing Jiraiya he's not going to let anything happen to Naruto ever again."

"Come on let's get you back to bed" Guy said as Asuma pulled the blankets far enough back for Guy to guide me into bed. Once I was in bed, I sat there, clenching the sheets until my knuckles turned white and staring at the wall for the rest of the day and night.