14: Wake Up!

Jiraiya POV:

I woke up and looked at my surrounding. Kakashi was fast asleep and looked exhausted and that little Uchiha brat had fallen asleep by Naruto's side holding his hand.

'I'll let them sleep.' I thought staring down at the two exhausted shinobi.

I left the room and went out to find Naruto's doctor.

-Lazy Author Time Skip-

"So how long do you think that he'll be staying in the hospital?" I asked the doctor with concern.

"It's hard to tell. His physical injures will heal up enough to walk in a few months, but it's the mental injures that I'm worried about."

"Ah. I understand. Thank you." I bowed and left to go back to Naruto's room.

When I walked into the room I saw Kakashi questioning a young nurse about what she was putting into Naruto's I.V.

"Relax, it's just a nutrient substance
so he won't get malnourished." The nurse assured the so-called heartless assassin, who was now fussing over every little thing when it came to the blond curled up in a ball on the bed.

"Hey kid" I interrupted the conversation.

"Jiraiya-sama" he sounded surprised and bowed to me.

"Oh none of that formal crap, brat. How's Naruto?"

"Still asleep, he hasn't stirred." He replied glumbly while looking down at the boy.

Just then, the youngest Uchiha mumbled something then slowly lifted his head up. Once he saw that he was holding Naruto's hand, he quickly retracted it and blushed.

This earned a chuckle from the adults in the room and a very annoyed glare from Sasuke.

"Excuse me, Kakashi, but we have some business to discuss outside." Jiraiya said while gesturing to the door.

Kakashi nodded and stepped outside, giving Naruto one last soft look.

Author's Note:
WOW! 300 reads?! That's a lot. And to think that you guys will actually read my crappy writing.