13: Visitors

Sasuke POV:

"Which room is he in?!" I frantically asked the hospital receptionist.

"Calm down, he's alright. He already got out if surgery but is in the ICU. Are you family?"

"No, but I'm his teammate." I replied calming myself down a little bit.

She nodded then said after looking through some papers "Uzumaki Naruto is in room 317."

That was all that I needed. I darted up the stairs until I got to the intensive care unit.

When I got in I was too focused on Naruto to notice the two exhausted white haired men on either side of the hospital bed.

It was just too hard to take in. I ran out of the room with tears in my eyes. That's when Kakashi noticed me.

"Sasuke! Wait!" my sensei shouted while running after me.

I got pretty far down a long corridor before falling to my knees and breaking into tears.

Kakashi finally caught up to me and I expected a lecture on how I ran out of the room like that but it did not come. What he did was something that I definitely was not expecting.

My sensei kneeled down to my level and pulled me into his chest for a hug. "Shhh it's okay, let it all out." He told me in a gentle voice.

After much sobbing and mumbling, I wanted to go see Naruto.

"Can I *sniff* go see him? *sniff*" I asked my sensei.

"Sure, let's go and check up on him." He smiled from under his mask and helped me up. Together me walked back to the little hospital room.

Once we got into the room, I noticed how peaceful yet pained the expression on Naruto's face looked. The old man from before was dozing off in a chair and Kakashi went to sit in the other.

I kneeled down on the floor and help the blonde's limp hand with an IV in it giving him blood.

He seemed so gentle. We stayed like this for the rest of the night.