Teenage Drea- Nightmares

Arcee trudged out of the school. Her feet dragging against the ground roughly. She looked up at the sun, silently wishing it would go dark for just a moment and relive her of the heavy heat that surrounded her.

She was so tried she felt as if she could pass out in the ground. She couldn't believe human had this much work to do per day, at this age non the less.

Behind her the school doors burst open and Bumblebee came dashing out happily. She gave him a exasperated look and grabbed his shoulder harshly as he came to her side.

"How are you so energized? That was exhausting!" She remarked somewhat annoyed. The blonde simply gave her a mischievous smirk and an amused side glance.

"What? Too old to begin the training? C'mon Cee it ain't that tiring!" He laughed when all he received for his comments was a push on his shoulder and a irritated glare.

The two sat down on the ledge of the parking lot, right under a tree that had somehow managed to stay lush through the intense heat. The shade the tree was producing didn't change the temperature much, but it did make it easier to see without the sun's glare.

Arcee glanced over at her companion, holding in a laugh as she saw him picking at the bark of the tree curiously. She watched him for a moment and recognized the look of utter fascination and curiosity, even as a human.

He seemed to be trying to figure out what it was made out of. Arcee walked closer to him and tapped his shoulder. He jumped at the contact, most likely having forgot she was even there. Bumblebee quickly spun around, blushing slightly.

"O-oh, uh hi?" He stuttered awkwardly "how, u-uh l-long were you standing there?" Arcee laughed t his shyness.

"Relax, only for a sec. Although I am wondering what you found so interesting about that tree." The woman glanced at the tall vegetation in confusion. Bumblebee looked embarrassed.

"Well, Raf said that trees gave out C02 . I always wondered were it came out of, but was too big and busy to check. Since I'm tinier now I decided that it would be a good opportunity to look..." He looked away nervously"I know it's sorta stupid bu-" he was cut off by Arcee smiling at him and shaking her head.

"No, it's not stupid. I think it's a reasonable question." She flicked his forehead softly. "You just over think people's reactions" he smiled a little.

"Heh, yeah..." the two stood there in semi awkward silence, waiting for a new conversation topic to rear its head.

Luckily, not but a moment later, Miko ran over too them. She looked ready to burst with excitement and was practically skipping.

"Guuuys!" She sang "You finally know what it feels like!" Miko bounced around them before stopping in front of the two and fist pumping the air.

"What? What feels like what?" Bumblebee asked puzzled. Miko laughed loudly.

"The freedom of the last bell, the final minutes of mind numbing school!" She yelled confidently "The way it fills you with DETERMINATION!!"

Rafael and Jack walked up confused as Miko gave then a giant grin and started pulling Arcee and Bumblebee along the sidewalk. Jack quickly ran to catch up with the pink haired transfer student, Raf trailing after him.

"Uh, Miko? Aren't we supposed to wait for the bo-" Jack stopped and gave a anxious laugh "Right. You are the bots..heh" Arcee just gave him a knowing smirk and continued walking down the street.

Raf started to fall behind as the group got further and further ahead. He didn't want to be a bother, so he just stayed quiet as the others went ahead. Bumblebee seemed to notice his charges slowed pace, and stopped. The blonde waited until he was next to Raf before he started walking again, at Raf's pace this time.

"Hey little buddy, you okay? You seem more sluggish than the norm." All he received was a sigh. Bumblebee tried again, in a stern yet soft voice.

"Rafael Esquivel, what has you troubled? I can't help if you don't tell me." Raf looked up at his guardian in vague amusement before answering.

"Fine, Mom" The boy joked before getting serious. "I just had a rough day at school. Gym was really tiring today, I just feel like sleeping."

Bumblebee grew silent, thinking the situation over for a second before he stopped walking and crouched down. He wore a smirk on his face as he looked at his smaller freind.

"You wanna a ride?" He asked joyfully. Raf stared at him disconcerted. "C'mon, it'll be fun! Plus I gotta stay in shape somehow, right?" Bumblebee joked.

Raf finally sighed and relented, waiting for Bumblebee to say the okay. When he did, Raf jumped up on his back and circled his arms around his surrogate brother's neck. Once Bumblebee was sure Raf wouldn't fall off, he sprinted back to the others making Raf laugh a little.

"Aren't you guys jealous? I have a Raf-pack, and you don't!" The teen grinned boisterously at his friends, while Raf grumbled good naturedly.

Arcee and Miko giggled at the two boys while Jack just smiled happily. Eventually the small group reached Jack's house. The suburban home looked very peaceful this time if day, it made Jack smile proudly. He had helped upkeep the little house for years alongside his mother. He may not have bragged about it as much as his mom did sometimes, but he was still proud if their work non the less.

Walking through the front door, Jack shrugged his backpack off and flung next to the entry ways shoe rack. Miko followed his actions, her bag landing more sloppily than his on impact. Arcee, not knowing what exactly to do, followed the other two's example. She looked back and laughed as Bumblebee teasingly tried to do the same with Raf, ending with Raf laughing hysterically and holding onto the blondes arm in a death grip.

Arcee smiled fondly at the two before leaving the room and going upstairs and waiting for everyone else to come home.

------That Night ------

Energon, Blaster marks, screams.

Arcee tossed and turned in her covers, sweat coating her forehead and body.

Laughing, sadistic grins, bargaining.

The cool night air that drifted in from the open window grazed her heat and sweat ridden body, making her shiver.

Begging, pleading, remorse.

Arcee kicked involuntarily, pushing the sheets of her sleeping form. Her arms flailed momentarily.

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty.

With a gasp, Arcee shot up in terror. A minute past in silence before she began sobbing into her hands. She tried muffling her cries with her shaking hands, but the noise woke Bumblebee up.

The youngling yawned, rubbing his eyes. Looking around for the cause of the strange noise that had woken him up, he finally spotted Arcee's pale figure curled up on her bed. All his drowsy confusion quickly disappeared when he saw the disparity in her body.

He tore the blankets off his body and darted over to her side. He rubbed small circles in her back and whispered sweet promises of safety and security.

His father had comforted him from nightmares enough that he had become fairly good at comforting others.

He knew what waking up in a cold terror was like. He wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy.

Quick update before bedtime! Oh, I wanted to know if you guys wanted any other ships in this? Comment! It can be Mech X Mech or Femme X Femme, Mech X Femme, whatever, I'm cool with it! I just wanted more shipping in here, I feel there isn't enough! Anyway lemme know!

Thanks for putting up with me- TransformersPrimeGal!