Chapter 32 - Nick

I hate myself for the pain in her eyes. I punch the wheel and punch it again harder until my knuckles bleed.

But what does it change?

"Your father wanted to let you know that he's expecting you to call Jennifer Harrison today or tomorrow," Sarina tells me as she hands me a glass of fresh water.

I want to throw the glass of water on the family portraits adorning the hallways. But what did Grandmother Madeleine ever do to me?

I climb the stairs and lock the door behind me. I jump on the bed and lie there for what seems for hours. I could go against my father. I could tell him to fuck off. I could explain to him how I feel.

But he would answer that men do not talk about feelings. We're strong. We're here for the win.

I feel like a complete loser right now.

It's almost dark when my cell rings. "Roberto?" I ask. He only calls that late these days if he's had a fight with Giovanni.

"Have you seen Em?"

"Earlier today but it's been a while."

"We can't find her. She's not in her room, she's not at the School, she's not at any of her usual spots." His tone rises. "Where the fuck is she?"

"I think I know."

Author's note:

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you're enjoying getting to know Em & Nick! I'd love to hear from you, so don't hesitate to leave a comment. The full novella is already published/available on all e-retailers for only $0.99 in case you don't want to wait for the next chapter :) More information on www.elodienowodazkij.com :)