ONE

ONE.

          ARABELLA HAD never thought that she would be forced out of her bed in pitch-black darkness just to go for a midnight stroll. But, there she was, beside her two favourite Weasley twins, doing exactly that.

        After staying at their house for a few nights - along with by Hermione, Ron and Harry - she was exhausted from staying up late. Fred and George were her best friends, and considering they knew her seemingly well, they quickly noticed her agitated mood that night. How the two redheads still managed to be energetic, Bella didn't know.

        "Ron, where are we actually going?" Harry asked, though Ron just shrugged in reply. Everyone was aware that this was the journey to the Quidditch World Cup, though none of them - including Arabella - realised they would be going there in the middle of the night, and that a hike through the forest would be involved.

        "Hey Dad, where are we going?" The boy echoed.

        Arthur Weasley turned to the group of teenagers behind him; a pleasant grin on his face as he trudged through the leaves with a large rucksack on his back. "Ottery Saint Catchpole. Keep up!"

         At his instructions, everyone sped up their pace, though Arabella was beginning to find it hard with the heavy bag she carried. She was aware that the trek would be long, tiring and tedious, though she never thought she would be short of breath after only five minutes. It was then that she realised just how little exercise she does.

        "Arthur! It's about time, son!" A voice said, and a man approached with a walking stick in his hand, banging it with every step. This began to annoy the fiery-haired girl, because obnoxious noises during her irritable mood was not something that made her feel the slightest bit better.

        "Sorry Amos; some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." The older man replied, and Bella furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She had never heard of, nor seen this 'Amos' before, so she was understandably wary of him as he approached. The Weasley man noticed this, and smiled. "This is Amos Diggory everyone - he works with me at the Ministry."

        Suddenly, there was a loud bang and rustle of leaves as a blurred figure emerged from a tree branch. "And this strapping young man must be Cedric Diggory, am I right?" Arthur shook the boy's hand willingly.

         "Yes, sir." Arabella saw Ginny and Hermione exchange suggestive looks, making the older girl roll her eyes. Even though they were only two years younger than her, she still considered herself to be far more mature than them. Confidence and pride had something to do with that - meaning she was, in her eyes, truly a Ravenclaw like the Sorting Hat had said.

        The sky covered the ground like a blanket, casting shadows and orange and pink hues. As they approached the Portkey, which Arabella was disappointed to find was an old boot, all she could stare at was the beautiful clouds and the rays of light casting down upon her two best friends.