ELEVEN

ELEVEN.

          THE TWO girls entered Snape's office, looking sheepish behind the rage that they felt. "So," the greasy-haired man started. "Do you both know why you are here?"

"I'm presuming that I'm just here because, for some bizarre reason, you gave me a detention earlier today - and I hope that I'm not here because of what just happened, which was entirely Zoe's fault."

The Dutch girl glared at her roommate. "It was not my fault at all!"

"Then tell me why you were the one who pinned me against a wall and threatened me?" The redhead replied angrily.

"We will have no arguing in my office. You are both here for showing threatening behaviour in the presence of a teacher."

"But, Professor, how was my behaviour threatening? All I did was try to persuade you to let me off a detention!" Bella said, stamping one of her feet against the black-tiled floor.

Snape sighed loudly. "Please, Miss Flannery, do not interject. I was going to make you write lines until your hands are calloused and blistered, but I have decided that you must be used to such a thing since I know that most Ravenclaws are avid writers. I will never understand the way that a Ravenclaw's mind works." He paused, trailing his beady eyes to the floor. "Perhaps, until now."

"What's that supposed to mean, Professor?" Zoe asked nervously. In her opinion, she hadn't done anything wrong and did not deserve a detention (despite being the only person in the room who did in fact show threatening behaviour previously), but Bella believed that Zoe was more to blame than anyone.

Snape, however, believed that Arabella should be punished the most severely - just because he didn't particularly enjoy her company or the people that she surrounded herself with, including Fred and George Weasley. He found her to be everything that he did and didn't want in an ideal student, and the way that she was not afraid to talk back annoyed him profusely. In fact, many things annoyed him about the redhead, including her intelligence. She was witty, and knew how to be cunning with her intellect - a trait that despite being a Slytherin, Professor Snape didn't possess.

          "This means, Miss Rosenkrands, that I am going to use the Legilimency Spell on both of you, one at a time, to delve into your thoughts and memories."

Having read several accounts about Legilimency, Arabella was familiar with the torturous spell. She refrained from gasping out in horror, and stared at Snape with an intense gaze instead. Swallowing hard, fear clawed at the back of her throat; forcing her to gulp silently. "Professor, you can't do that! Surely that's illegal or something, and I'm sure that if I told Dumbledore about this he would--"