NINETEEN

NINETEEN.

"BUT WHAT did Trelawney mean?" Deanna pondered to her best friend. Arabella was walking beside her with the same glum and confused expression. It was raining at Hogwarts, and it seemed that the weather had begun to personify Bella's mood; miserable. In fact, it was almost as if the weather knew of her misery, and they just wanted her to suffer further. She concluded that they were succeeding (whoever they were, anyway).

"I'm not entirely sure, Deanna. But I know that it's not good - after the serious death threats from Zoe, the prediction of my future being dangerous doesn't exactly sound promising, does it?" The redhead sighed, fiddling with her Ravenclaw scarf. The winter air was always cold on her neck.

"But Trelawney is bloody mad. I wouldn't listen to her anyway; Zoe is in Hogwarts, so if she wanted to kill you she would've done it by now." Deanna pushed her glasses further up her nose.

"Yes, but she's spending a lot of her time in the hospital wing getting treatment for the burns tha-- that Viktor and I gave her. And I did just spend a whole day away from the castle, hiding from her. She may have planned to-- injure me, uh, that night. Besides, I left the same night that I found out Zoe's plan. She hasn't had chance to advance on me yet."

          Deanna stayed silent, and swallowed hard. Arabella was in danger; she hated the thought of her friend being in such a situation. And it was all because of their revengeful werewolf roommate.

Suddenly, as the brunette looked around her, Bella was no longer present at her side.

"Shush," Viktor ordered to the startled redhead, his finger placed upon her lips. "Bella, it's me." The girl had been pulled into a secluded corridor by her lover, much to her own surprise. Upon meeting Viktor's brown eyes, she felt her heartbeat slow. "Diggory was right - the dragon egg will reveal the clue for the Second Task. He's already done it himself. We just need to use the bathroom to put it in water."

Subtly, Viktor removed the Chinese Fireball egg from his bag. It was a scarlet red, decorated with delicate flakes of gold; similar to the markings of the dragon itself. If it wasn't the product of such an aggressive creature, Arabella may have thought that it was beautiful. "C'mon, Vik. We have to get to the bathroom before anyone else does."

          Within seconds of running hastily through the Hogwarts corridors, the boys' lavatory door was locked tightly, and the taps began pouring warm water into the grand golden bath.