Meet Jess

Chapter 1

My alarm went off at the ungodly hour of four in the morning. I groaned and wished I could hit it with a hammer.  Of course if I was really serious about it then I would have to get up and locate the hammer that I haven’t used in so long I don’t even remember if I owned it or borrowed it. I groaned again, turned the alarm off, and got up.

After getting the coffee going I got dressed. By the time I went back to the kitchen it was done. I sipped as I waited for my Toaster Strudels to pop up. Don’t judge, those things are amazing, my go to breakfast. I wolfed them down, brushed my teeth and was out the door, by 4:30.

Why was I getting up and ready for work at this crazy early and bizarre hour of the morning you ask? Today is my first day working for the police Strategic Response Unit, my dream job.  I don’t know how long I’ve wanted it, it’s been so long. When I heard my brother made it I was equal parts extremely proud and extremely jealous. To other cops I probably sound crazy because I’m giving up a pretty solid spot at the head of a team on the Narcotics unit, but I really don’t care. Homicide is the Holy Grail for some cops, but SRU is the Grail for me.

As an added bonus (or the only issue depends on how you look at it) I’ve been assigned to my brother’s team. Who it he you ask? Ed Lane.

My name is Jessica Lane, and I am totally ready for working at SRU. Or so I think.

Hey. Hope you like this. :~) After much searching I found the Dean and Clark scene that ended up getting cut from the finale. It's the video on the side. Check it out. :~)