Team Review

Chapter 2

The first person I saw when I walked through the doors was my brother, go figure. He walked over to me smiling. “Hey, Jess. You ready?”

I grinned back, “You know it, brother mine.” Then I headed to the locker room.

Jules was walking out. “Hey Jess.”

“Hi Jules.”

“Are you ready to go?” Is this the usual question for newbies?

“Yep. I just wish workout didn’t require us to get up at a crazy time in the morning.”

She shrugged. “You’ll get used to it eventually.”

I headed into the locker room and picked one of the many empty lockers. As I quickly changed I ran through the team members again. I’ve known of them and they’ve known of me for a while, but the only ones I’ve met in person before qualifying were Wordy and Sarge.

Jules Callaghan was a major duh. The only other girl on the team, and along with Donna Sabine on Team Three, we were the only girls working on SRU teams. A little on the short side, reddish brown hair. Sniper and negotiator.

Wordy’s full name was Kevin Wordsworth. Roughly 6ft, light brown hair. The CQC and entry expert on the team. Tied for the role of Eddie’s best friend with Sarge.

Sargent Greg Parker. Stocky, bald, warm eyes, could talk you into or out of anything. There’s a reason why he’s the lead negotiator.

Sam Braddock, blond, blue eyes, former Special Ops. Mainly sniping and tactical work, he could take over Ed’s job someday if he isn’t given a team of his own. And I’m pretty sure he and Jules have a thing going on.

Michelangelo Scarlatti, aka Spike. The computer and bomb geek. Also, he’s kind of hot. Ok, kind of doesn’t cover it. The major clincher on his looks is the fact that his eyes pretty much show whatever he’s thinking and feeling. I’m getting distracted. Eddie’s told me that he’s been having a rough time ever since Lew died. I guess it makes since that he feels guilty. He’s the bomb guy and he couldn’t figure out the landmine his best friend and teammate stepped on. I’m not saying it’s his fault, it’s totally not. But if I was in the same boat I would blame myself no matter what the reality is.

Satisfied that I could name the team and not look like an idiot I walked out and headed to the workout room. Of course, everyone had gotten there before me. Sam noticed me first. “Well if it isn’t Miss Jessica Lane, here to save me from the title of rookie.” Grinning the whole time.

I rolled my eyes as I walked over to a treadmill. “Nice to see you too Sam and you’re welcome.”

Spike moved in next. “Just ignore Sam. He’s just jealous because there’s no way Ed can send you on a Timmy’s run and get away with it.”

Ed leaped to his own defense. “If I feel she needs an attitude adjustment I will send her on a coffee run.  I have a feeling she’s going to need those less than Sam did.”

Before Sam could respond to the jibe, the alarm started blaring and Winnie’s voice came over the speakers, “Team One hot call. Gear up.”