ITMOWYSN- 19

Ohhh... Only one more chapter after this! D: my goal was to make it to 20 chapters, and it's almost over!? Whyyyyy?!

Haha, don't forget to vote(:

* * *

(Quinn's POV)

We slept for nearly a whole day, cuddled up in bed together. I'm sure Axel and Hunter were doing the same.

We probably would've stayed like that another day, had a timid knock on the door not awakened us.

"Hello? Mr. Quinn?" Maudette's soft voice echoed through the room.

I groaned and rolled out of the bed.

"Hold on." I called, pulling some jeans on my legs and a shirt over my arms.

"I have Gwendolyn, sir." She said softly through the door.

"Crap! Heath, wake up! I forgot about Gwennie!" I shouted at him, still trying to button my pants.

Hopping to the wall connecting our rooms, I banged hard on the wall, trying to wake Axel and Hunter up.

"Guys! Wake up! We gotta take care of Gwennie!" I heard a shout, a thump, and then a grunt.

I chuckled quietly as I heard another grunt. They sounded like they were having problems.

Opening the door, I spotted Maudette holding our baby. She glanced at me shyly, keeping her eyes on Gwennie.

"Thanks for watching her for us, dear. Thanks for everything." I said honestly, giving her a gentle hug. She accepted it without complaint.

I stared at her curiously, and asked her a question.

"Even if you were raised in the compound, do you really hate gay people? Did you ever actually believe in what she taught you?" I eyed her, awaiting her answer.

Maudette simply shook her head, looking at the floor in shame.

"I hated living there. I hated all the kids, all the people. I tried to kill myself to get out of there." She whispered, still clutching the baby.

I looked at her carefully, not stopping when I felt Heath come up behind me. He wrapped his arms around me and put his chin on my shoulder.

"Hold on, Maudette." I said to her as I turned back to Heath.

"I gotta talk to you." I pushed Heath back into the bedroom.

He went willingly, stumbling back and landing on the floor.

"What the hell, Quinn? Why do you need to talk to me so bad, anyways?" Heath growled at me.

Huh. Unappreciative much?

"Well..." I looked at the carpet sheepishly. "I wanna adopt Maudette."

After a minute of no reply from him, I looked up.

"Wait... Why the heck are you smiling?!" I glared at him.

"Well, I was just waiting for you to ask. You know I never say no to you." Heath smiled at me happily.

"Yes!" I cheered, dancing around happily.

Jumping, I wrapped my arms around Heath's neck, and my legs around his waist. Lowering my mouth to his, I kissed him passionately. We were really getting into it, and Heath was lying on top of me.

Suddenly, there was another knock on the door.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around him to pull him closer. Whoever it was could just go away.