Chapter 1

Zayn's POV

As I walked through the busy training gym I found myself feeling pride in how far I have come. This was a nice gym here in Cheshire and had pictures on the wall of all my fights that pretty much brought me to this very place. However, the best pictures are the ones that are in my office. The pictures of my two boys are hanging on the wall of them in their school uniforms. Niall and I decided the best education they would get would be at the most elite schools here. Both of them are very smart, so I know they got that from Niall. The next picture I have is Niall and I on our wedding day. That was one of the happiest days of my life and I knew from then on, I could want for nothing more. Well, I actually still wanted to make Niall happy in our marriage, but that's as easy as telling him how pretty he is and kissing his soft cheeks any chance I can get. Life is good for us all, and seeing the success my boxing career brought all around me only makes it so much sweeter.

"Left jab there, Jeremy. They always expect the right, that's why you need to go left. Work on strengthening that arm." I corrected one of the guys that was training. He nodded and continued on with his sparing partner. I stood there for a minute to watch then walked away when I saw he didn't do the jab that I had just told him to do.

The thing about this job is that it makes me want to get back in the ring. Up until Ezra was about seven I was still fighting. It wasn't anything like how it was when I was trying to get him and Niall out of Bradford, but it was still fighting. I would do one or two fights every year or sometimes when Harry and I couldn't take the breaks between fights we would go for a couple rounds until we were too beat up to look like we were just practicing. Seeing these guys come in here for a work or to actually try going pro makes me feel the way I did before I grew up a bit. It made me stupid enough to itch for the leather gloves to be strapped on my wrists. Now, the media is pretty consumed with Harry, but after each of his fights they ask when I'm going to fight again.

The thing is, I can't fight again. I took the cowards way out into retirement. I didn't say anything to the press. I didnt speak of my last fight as if it were my last fight. I just played it off like I would be back. Niall is happy that I don't fight anymore so our children never have to see their father getting beaten bloody. I'm not that happy about not fighting, but for Niall, I would do anything. Plus, we have enough money for the rest of our lives and the kids lives. Really, the money we have is just going to go down from generation to generation and no one will have to worry. The only thing I need to worry about is how I can keep my fists from making decisions for me.

"Malik! Come here a minute." Mark called across the gym. I smiled at him and went over to him. He pat my back then closed the door behind me as I made my way into his office. He went over to his desk and pressed a few things before turning it my way so I could read the email.

"There's some magazine that wants you on the cover of it. I think you should do it to stay out there. There will be a short interview that you'll have to give, but it's actually not that bad if you ask me." Mark said. I looked away from the computer screen to see him looking at me like he was ready for my reaction. Ever since I've stopped the actual fights, I've been doing stuff to keep my name out there to keep money flowing in even if we don't need anymore. The more I do, the more money I get to send my son's to uni in the future and to make Niall feel more than comfortable in where we are in our lives. But that doesn't stop me from feeling more like a show dog rather than the fighter that took down Liam Payne.

"How much are they offering for it? You know how much I hate standing shirtless in front of twenty cameras for four hours of my day when I could be standing shirtless in front of my husband." I said. Mark laughed at me then told me to just bring Niall to the photo shoot. I thought over it and nodded slowly, but I still needed to know more about what I was getting out of it. I hate being on the cover of magazines. Whether it's because I posed for it or because there were paparazzi pictures, I hate it. I especially hate it when there are pictures of my kids and my Niall. Some always try to say Niall is pregnant again while others just like to point out that Ethan is looking more and more like me every day. What else is weird is when I got grocery shopping and my kids see that type of publicity.