Chapter 5

Niall's POV

Some mornings I wake up before the rest of the family and just lay in bed looking at Zayn. I look at the small scar he has on the bridge of his nose that's been broken more times than either of us could count. I looked at the way his eyelashes would bunch together because they were so long and thick. My fingers would run through his hair gently, knowing that it wouldn't wake him at all because once he's asleep you may as well sat he's in a coma. From there, my fingers would slowly trail down to his shoulder that was covered with tattoos. My fingers would trace the designs, having already memories the old ones. My fingers traced over the new tattoos he's gotten over the years, the ones that we may have fought about or I may have loved because they had something to do with my children and me of course. There was nothing on Zayn that I couldn't not love. These mornings that I wake up early before him and before the kids need me to make sure they're dressed in there school uniforms, it's these mornings that I have time to think about how much I love the man that sleeps next to me. I also start to think of how I can protect him.

The world seems to look at my husband is as a human punching bag or a machine of some sort. I look at him and see somebody that bleeds, that hurts, and that cries when they get hurt. I see someone that broke down in tears when he found out he was going to be a father for the first time. When I look at Zayn, I see something completely different than what the rest of the world sees. It may be that way for all boxers. I noticed that it's that way for Harry. Louis always tells me that he's this lovable guy and that he always make sure to show him how much Louis means to him. From the friendship I've had with Harry and the friendship I've seen him have with Zayn, you would never guess that he's had fourteen knockouts in his career so far.

I'm afraid for them both. Neither of them have that hard core anger in them. At least Zayn doesn't have it anymore. I know he used to, I know he used to be angry at everything and afraid of it mostly, but now he's a man and he's wiser and smarter than he was ten years ago boxing those matches for only a three hundred dollar purse. I remember those days when I'm up at this time. I remember the days that I would see him walk into an arena to go beat somebody up and to have somebody beat him up. I remember crying ringside because I couldn't protect him. I was pregnant so of course emotions are much stronger than, but it still didn't stop me from wanting to get in that ring myself and protect him because I couldn't take it.

Which leads my thoughts to the one and only Liam Payne. All I know is if I have to see my husband get in the ring one more time with that man or if I have to see Harry get in the ring with that man, I don't know who will die that day. I definitely know the Zayn is a lot smarter than wanting to get back in the ring with him. However, the option is still there. People are still asking because everyone wants to know. I don't want to know. If anything, I want Harry to get in the ring with that man and realize that it's not worth it. No dollar amount is worth getting that beating up.

I remember the days after the fight Zayn had with him. We had a brand new baby that he couldn't tend, he couldn't even hold him because his arms were so weak from using so much muscle and strength and adrenaline that he could not hold Ezra for longer than ten minutes. He had a major concussion and he was hospitalized a long with me considering I had just give him birth the same day he fought Liam. Mark didn't want him to fight after that. Once the doctor's examination results came back and they saw how damaged Zayn was, no one wanted him to fight anymore. I don't even think Zayn wanted him to fight anymore. That day that he held Ezra in his arms the first time, you could tell something in him grew up, changed and fell in love. But you could also tell that he still had that fight to survive mentality and him. I saw the way he held Ezra. It was like watching a male animal protecting his child thinking he needed to fight the world in order for his child to grow up safely and pure. That's not the case, but Zayn doesn't understand that. I just really want to understand what goes through his mind and I want him to understand what goes through my mind when I think of him with those leather gloves on his fist.