Chapter 24

Niall's POV

My Harry, Louis and my parents were all at the house watching the boys while Zayn and I went to go see Doniya again two days after Zayn's fight. She said she had a friend of hers that was an actual physician. He was going to go to her office and both of them were going to see what was wrong with me. I had one idea nagging in the back of my mind, but this didn't feel the same as it did the last two times I had been through this. This felt different and that's what kept me from talking about it. Zayn and I sat quietly in the lobby just waiting. We held each other's hands tightly not wanting to say anything.

"Mr.Malik." The nurse came out to say. We followed her through the doors and down the familiar halls down to Doniya's office. We opened the door and saw that her doctor friend was standing there looking through files and Doniya was talking to him quietly. They both turned and smiled at me. I took a seat on the chair that was for patients and Zayn sat in the chair in the corner of the room. He moved it so he was sitting right next to me and held my hand.

"I'm Dr.Stevenson and all be examining you along side Dr.Malik here." The male doctor told me. I shook his hand and waited as he got some stuff read then sat in another chair. He asked me questions about how I've been feeling and what's been going on with me. I was shaking just because of my fear of doctors really coming out now. He checked my breathing and my heart then sent me into a small bathroom to change out of my clothes into a paper gown. I went back and he laid back the chair and pressed his hands on my stomach. I hissed when he pressed lower, making Doniya come over to touch my stomach too.

"Have you noticed this hurting?" Doniya asked me, both of the doctors taking turns to press on my stomach. Zayn was now standing up and watching them closely. They whispered a few things as they pressed, sounding like names of some illness.

"We're going to do an ultrasound. You could have an infection. How often do you both have unprotected sex?" The doctor asked, pulling a sheet over my hips and legs so he could pull up my gown.

"Not that often, but recently we have done it twice without." Zayn said quietly. He nodded like that answered something then Doniya squirt some gel over my stomach and rolled the wand over it. The screen was facing away from me and Zayn so we couldn't see anything. They both looked closer at it together.

"Not an infection." Doniya said, pressing a few buttons then the wand stopped moving. Doniya looked like she was shocked, but not surprised. Dr.Stevenson looked like he was trying to figure something out.

"Has he been taking any hormones?" He asked Doniya. She shook her head and moved the wand more before shaking her head. She looked at Zayn and I before letting out a deep breath.

"I need you to sit down, Zayn. I know I've talked to you both about this, but I need you to be completely listening to me as I tell you this..." Doniya waited for Zayn to sit and both of us to nod like we understand. She turned the screen and I saw a very familiar little blob as she moved around the wand. Zayn squeezed my hand, but I looked closer and didn't see what I saw with both of the boys.

"You had a miscarriage, Niall. You need you know that this baby wasn't going to even make it full term, even if you had been taking hormone pills. Look right here, that's where the baby's little heart should be, but it's over here. It wasn't a healthy baby to start with. That's why your pregnancy symptoms were so different than they were with the boys. Your body wasn't recognizing the baby properly so it begin to fight it like it were an illness. You didn't bleed because your uterus was still trying to grow this child like a still born baby. This happens sometimes and it's okay. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Zayn, I know how you think and you put the world on your shoulders so Niall won't have to bare any of the weight, but this wasn't your fault either. It happened in the after fertilization process when things in the egg are supposed to sort out, but they just didn't. I'm so sorry." By the time Doniya was finished talking, I was just staring at the little baby on the screen with tears rolling down my face. Zayn was still holding my hand, but his grip was so much tighter than before.