Chapter 37

Zayn's POV

My knuckles hit Harry's front door, the echo of the sound sending more nervous feelings through my body. I had given us both two days to cool off before actually apologizing for the way I had treated him. I knew it was a fucked up thing to do, to push him, when he's no longer the man he used to be. He's not the man that would be so sturdy on his feet not even an earthquake could move him. He's weaker now, making him be at a disadvantage to where I am with my strength. The hard part was, I was doing this fight as a way to do what Harry can't do, yet I shoved him. I could only hope that I could fix this.

"Harry doesn't want to see you." Louis said right as he answered the door. I rolled my eyes and looked at the smaller blue eyed man. Louis looked at me with a stubborn look more, but eventually he sighed and let me in.

"Take it easy on him, okay? I thought mentally he was doing fine, then you two fought or whatever and he's been locked up in our room for two days. Whatever happened really set him back from the progress he made." Louis said, then walked away from me. I shook my head to myself and mentally told myself I was really stupid. I've been telling my self that for the past two days now and Niall has been really reminding me of that as well.

I made my way up the stairs to the master bedroom and knocked on the door. I went right in and found Harry laying on his bed watching old fights on himself. He looked at me then looked back to the telly without saying a word. I went to sit next to him on the bed and watched the old match with him. I could tell by how long his hair was that these fights must have been even before we met. I also saw the smaller amount of tattoos on him.

"Why are you here? To show me what else I can't and don't have?" Harry asked me coldly. I looked at him confused which made him look down at his shaking hands. I reached over and got one in mine to give it a squeeze.

"I'll be honest and say I was mad at you for a lot of different reasons. That's why when Niall called I went right over to help him get out of that house without even thinking of telling him to stop thinking with his hormones. I was mad that you would be so selfish and keep something that big from your husband. I was mad that you were neglecting him too. See, the thing is that anytime I see Niall, I always think of Louis in a way. I think of how they both enjoy getting taken care of even if they're strong enough to take care of themselves. When he was crying, I felt how lonely he was and I saw Louis at that moment. It was like when I signed up for the fight with Liam. I couldn't help myself but to hold him to make up for what I didn't do with my husband. Then getting to feel that baby moving around in his stomach made me even more angry that you weren't seeing how lucky you are. I want a baby worse than you two ever have, but I may never be able to have any. Louis can't get pregnant, most adoption agencies here don't adopt to two fathers and I physically might not be able to have kids if we went through a surrogate. But you pushing me was the last thing I needed. It reminded me that I'll always be weaker than I was. I reminded me that I used to be able to swing back but now I just fall." A tear slid down Harry's cheek as he finished, but he wiped it just as fast as it fell. I scoot closer and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. He let himself get pulled into my touch.

"I'm sorry for everything. I messed up and I'm sorry. I love you, Harry. I've never told you that, but I do. You're the reason I want to fight Liam and I want to be a better man everyday. You're younger than me, but I still looked up to you." I said. Harry looked at me and smirked as his green eyes misted over again.

"You're a shit big brother, you know that? You make me mad as hell then say you love me only to make me cry. I hate you." Harry said. I pulled his head into my shoulder and kissed his forehead. We both finished watching the fight until it was over with Harry winning by a knock out.